Residence Inn Palm Desert
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
View Hotel
Embarc Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsgolf coursetennis courtsbeer and wineseveral buildingspalm springsfree breakfastbedroom suitefire pitfull kitchenbreakfast arealarge tvcook stralph's grocery storenice patiolaundry roomyogurtthoroughly enjoyed our stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The location and the grounds are very nice here, but whoa - the insides of the rooms are another story. I see what other reviewers were talking about. I thought this style of blond furniture went out of style in the 50's, but I guess Marriott has bought it all up, and stuck it in their rooms. Considering the prices that Residence Inn charges, they really need to look at updating the furnishings and gaining a reputation as a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank willy4391
Jim Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear Willy4391, I couldn't agree more and thank you so much for your comments. We are very close to beginning our Gatehouse and Guestroom renovation which begins this September and our grand reopening mid October. This hotel renovation is long overdue and a popular topic on our social media sites. With the completion of this renovation I hope to see a lot of returning guests who have ventured to our competition. We will also be adding Wifi to all of our guestrooms where we know this to be a hot topic as well and should be completed soon. Good bye ethernet cords.......:)

Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This property provides good value for the money. It is not fancy, but is well-maintained and some of the rooms have a lovely view of a neighboring golf course. We spent a week there over the Christmas holidays while visiting relatives. Breakfast is included and is excellent. The kitchen facilities in our unit were older, but in good working condition. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the golf course.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MinnesotaGourmet

Dear Minnesota Gourmet, I can see why the kitchen was so important and thank you so much for taking the time to share your Residence Inn experience with us. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and my staff and I are glad you made us a part of your family memory in Palm Desert. Christmas comes every year so we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Enjoyed the Palm Desert/Palm Springs area. Residence Inns are always great, some are better than others. This was a good stay, friendly desk staff. Our studio suite was as expected, spacious, comfortably furnished, and had the usual equipped kitchen. Breakfast buffet was fair; managers "reception" happy hour was not as good as others we've stayed at, but adequate.

We were on a promo of three nights for the price of two, so the price was very good, especially as compared to other properties in this area.

Room Tip: There are several two-story buildings at this property. No elevators.There is a fitness center, and self serve laundry, near the lobby.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Thorty, it sounds like we have some work to do around our breakfast and managers reception. Thank you so much for sharing your Residence Inn experience with us and for choosing our hotel. You seem to be well traveled in the Residence Inn world and comparing notes is usually one of the best ways to improve, let me know what we missed and how we can improve. In the meantime your comments will help us evaluate what we are currently doing and to make sure we are still true north our brand standards.

Look forward to welcoming you back and hearing about your other RI experiences.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. The rooms are large and the price is reasonable. The front desk was very friendly and helpful, the happy hour had wine and beer as well as sodas, and the salad was a more substantial food item than I normally see at these things. However, there are no elevators, so be ready to haul your things upstairs in the heat, the internet is wired-only, and even that is very, very slow. If you need to work, this probably isn't the hotel for you, but I would recommend it for a vacation, especially if you have kids--there's a pull out sofa they can sleep on so you are all in one room.

Room Tip: Upstairs for quiet (but no elevator), Building three was quiet and had nice view of the golf course.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My stay at the Residence Inn in Palm Desert was pleasant, but it's easy to see why this property gets mixed reviews.

The Good: I booked a 2-bedroom unit. The price was right, and far less expensive than getting two rooms. Our unit, upstairs in building 3, was quiet and had a balcony over the dogwalk, facing an adjacent golf course. Parking was easy, even though the place seemed packed. Checkin was my only contact with hotel staff, and that went fine. Another bonus is that every unit has a balcony or patio. The patio on the unit I had was off the living room and had seating for 4.

The Bad: The property shows lots of wear. Doors to units need painting, as does the balcony area. The door to my bedroom, inside the unit, had a split at the bottom. A lot of guests were smoking in the outdoor area outside the Gatehouse. That was unfortunate because it is a common sitting area, and a nice area to have breakfast - if there weren't people next to you smoking. Smoking is encouraged in the area because there are stands for cigarette ashes and butts. That's unfortunate for those of us who do not smoke. The smoking area should be elsewhere.

Overall: While my unit was quiet and offered privacy, some first floor units are right along the walking path - such as Building 6. Building 1 is along a busy street, which I imagine would be noisy. I don't think that I'd accept a downstairs unit along the roadway or walking path.

I'd stay here again, if the price is right. I felt that this could be a nice alternative to the mega-resorts in Palm Desert.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor. Avoid buidlings 1 and 6. Do not stay along the drive way.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends