We grabbed a room here in a pinch when we were forced to spend an extra day in the area. The staff was very courteous and helpful, the room serviceable. It's a little outdated, but clean and kind of hip in a retro sort of way. I loved being able to leave the balcony doors open to listen to the water outside while falling asleep.
The room was outfitted with a complete kitchen, sitting area, sleeping area, TV and a bath with separate vanity. The restaurant was closed while we were there, but the pool was huge, inviting and unpopulated.
This is a great place for an extended stay, where you'd like to eat in on occasion. Kids would be a little bored, but the pool might counter that. Weddings and conventions would find the lodging useful. Thanks to an internet deal, the accommodations were inexpensive given the fact that we were in the Palm Springs area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming resort, breathtaking views, figure-eight swimming pool, home to the Desert Tennis Academy with lessons & clinics. Located in the heart of Palm Desert, California, the Resort is walking distance to the fabulous shops, restaurants and art galleries along the famed El Paseo Drive. Resort offers cafe & bar (breakfast and lunch), complimentary tennis on 16 tennis courts, pickleball, tennis pro-shop, four heated pools, five hot tubs, fitness room, massage service, saunas, poolside patio BBQ, volleyball, basketball, bicycle rentals, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Shadow Mountain Resort and Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shadow Mountain Resort And Club Hotel Palm Desert
- Shadow Mountain Hotel
- Shadow Mountain Resort Palm Desert