This course is located near where we stay in the desert, so I like it based on that and the low rates (especially if booking through a discount golf website). I'll certainly not fault the place for being built long ago and within a busy residential community, but with that comes some drawbacks - a lot of flat, straight, back and forth holes, narrow fairways with homes immediately adjacent, and tee boxes right behind the greens. Lots of "Fore" and balls hitting hard objects could be heard around the course... Seems to me we liked the back nine better than the front. Hilarious dog on fenced property at hole number 12, I think. He drops tennis balls to passing golfers through the fence for you to toss over for him to fetch - highlight of the round! Clubhouse is nothing to speak of and is due for a complete overhaul.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming resort, breathtaking views, figure-eight swimming pool, home to the Desert Tennis Academy with lessons & clinics. Located in the heart of Palm Desert, California, the Resort is walking distance to the fabulous shops, restaurants and art galleries along the famed El Paseo Drive. Resort offers cafe & bar (breakfast and lunch), complimentary tennis on 16 tennis courts, pickleball, tennis pro-shop, four heated pools, five hot tubs, fitness room, massage service, saunas, poolside patio BBQ, volleyball, basketball, bicycle rentals, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Shadow Mountain Resort and Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shadow Mountain Resort And Club Hotel Palm Desert
- Shadow Mountain Hotel
- Shadow Mountain Resort Palm Desert