“Out dated room”

Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Puyallup
“Out dated room”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

The service upon our check in could have been better. We were never offered a wake up call and I never got my military discount. The room was outdated with an tube TV and not a flat screen which I've seen in others. Overall the rooms probably need to be remodeled.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank tpdurga

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The weather outside is hot and the a/c doesn't work at all. Came here to stay in a fresh room since I have a heart condition but the money that was spent was badly spent. Won't recommend it at all. I've stayed in other motel 6 locations but this was the one that has made my stay so unwanted that it will be my last.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Morenita1
Reviewed August 16, 2013

It's a Motel 6, No frills, simple "we'll leave the light on for you" motel. I stayed there for 2 reasons - 1) one of my best friends lives nearby and 2) they are pet friendly. The girl at the desk was not unpleasant, but didn't go out of her way to make you feel welcome either. The bed was fine, the TV -ehh, The shower was ok and the room was clean. I slept ok and was rested enough to officially start my California to Alabama trek. Would probably stay there again because the price was acceptable and I know what to expect.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Gene M
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Yes, I know this isn't a 5 star motel. However, we did have expectations of honest people. The room was OK, average for this type of motel. It was dark just after we checked in and brought in our luggage. There were no outside lights on in the parking lot, very troublesome for travelers with a ton of stuff in the car for vacationing. After seeing a cop car drive through the parking lot, then the lights came on. Weird. Now, it's our fault that we left our pillows we brought from home there, but after calling the same day we left, we really expected to be able to pick them up on our way back. I called the office that same day, was told I would receive a call back once they located them. No call. I called and spoke with Richard the day we were driving back about three hours out, he stated he would call me back within 15 minutes, no call. Since it was on our way back to Phoenix we stopped there. No sign of Richard, but Bianca said she would ask the cleaning crew, told us yes they have them and to wait while the crew was on break, should be about 2 minutes. After 15 minutes, still no pillows. I told her we needed to get down the road, she walked back again and said they were on the way. What we received was disgusting, the pillows they tried to pass to us as ours looked like the came out of a dumpster! When I told her those were not ours, she just said sorry, those were the only ones left in that room. Pillows? Yes, they not only were Temperpedic, but had the pillow cases that belonged to two different sets of very expensive sheets. I left a call back number for the manager, but again, no call. I will continue to stay at discounted motels, but Motel 6 is off my list.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SandyB078
Deming, New Mexico
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed on 6/27/2013, outside temp at 9pm was between 90 and 100, next day forecast for Palm Desert was for 117!. When I checked in I heard the clerk on the phone telling some one to" turn the A/C off wait 15 minutes for the compressor to kick in" (first red flag). Got to my assigned room; A/C only on "medium", room was uncomfortably warm; I turned A/C up all the way, It took hours for the room to cool. After drive 8 hours I was too tired to call down, also aware I would get the same instructions about turning the A/C off then on. I had placed my reservation several weeks in advance, so the A/C should have been turned up to cool the room. Also, I had asked for a non pet room due to allergies; the room smelled of animal odors. After taking an antihistamine and several sweating hours later I finally was able to sleep. I would only recommend staying here in the winter and only if you can put up with animal odors. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Winter stay only unless they promise to fix A/C. Bring your critters.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
San Jose, California
Reviewed May 12, 2013

If you like ticks, this motel is good.
We woke up in the morning to find bloated ticks in our bed. The night clerk offered some compensation for the ticks, but could not make the computer comply.
Until the discovery, we enjoyed the hotel. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and well maintained. A close-by yogurt shop provided a sweet dinner.

Room Tip: Spray your bed before going to sleep.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Isaac O
Fresno, California
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed one night - Tuesday night before Thanksgiving. We made reservations online with the Indio Motel 6 but found this one that was close to where we had dinner. The front desk gal took care of canceling our other reservation and we found our second story room clean and freshly painted. The room looked like the carpet was new and everything was clean even the rack above the clothes rod! The pool looked clean and the ice machine worked fine. On the other hand - The TV was very old and the sound was bad. The WiFi was not always reliable and cost 3 bucks. We were charged twice for the WiFi but only caught the mistake as we were driving down the road. There was traffic noise like most places close to a freeway and I usually wear ear plugs so it didn't bother me. There is nothing outstanding about this Motel 6 but the front desk clerk was friendly and was able to accommodate our request to stay.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms on the second story and toward the back away from the street.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
International Hotel & Suites
International Hotel & Suites
#14 of 22 in Palm Desert
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area

Been to Motel 6 Palm Desert - Palm Springs Area? Share your experiences!