“Like the good old days”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sherman's Deli

Sherman's Deli
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in Palm Desert
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
palm desert ca
“Like the good old days”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is the best Jewish-style deli I have run into since I left New York. I like the chopped liver and cabbage soup. My shicksa wife prefers the corned beef sandwiches. You can also get Dr. Brown's celery tonic and other flavors. She likes the pastries, but my mother was such a good baker that they fall short for me (not enough custard filling). The waiters are old professionals, so don't give them any lip. Oh, yes, I forgot the free plate of sauerkraut and pickles that starts the meal.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank morteight

• Hebrew first
Florida
“Delicious food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

We always make a point to stop by Shermans when visiting California. As usual, our food was delicious and reasonably priced. I ordered the cabbage roll, which was perfect. My partner ordered a Reuben sandwich with fries. Best Reuben anywhere! We also split a huge piece of red velvet cake. Will definitely return here on our next visit.

“Delicious Desserts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Sherman's has an extensive selection of incredible desserts and their cakes come in extra-large portions perfect for sharing (or not!). You can also find pies and tarts, homemade macaroons, cheesecakes, and more here. We frequently stop by for dessert take-out and have never had a dessert from Sherman's that was anything less than delicious.

Visited October 2012
Plainfield, Illinois
“Excellent Deli Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had dinner here, three of us. I had the small chicken matzoball soup ($5.45) and a corned beef sandwich ($12); wife had a short stack of pancakes $5 and a side of bacon $3.25); daughter had the fried matzos ($9). My meal was fantastic; this is what deli food should be. My daughter also liked her dinner very much; wife was disappointed in the bacon but I reminded her; it's a Jewish Deli.

Service was very good and the total, including a couple soft drinks and one coffee was $46, before tip. Highly recommend this place but do yourself a favor and come hungry for a sandwich.

Scotts Valley CA
“good food, good service, decent price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

the sandwiches were so big that I had the other half for dinner ..... my husband had the latkes/corned beef sandwich and it was so big, he was too full for dinner ... I ended up halving it again, tossing everything into a frying pan and adding an egg, twice - a total of FIVE meals from two portions ! Next time, we have to leave room for the desserts.