“Last minute birthday getaway.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rewards Members Save 20%
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Los Angeles, California
“Last minute birthday getaway.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This review has been long overdue. I booked a weekend getaway for my husband's birthday (August 2013), last minute, after canceling my original plan which was at Lowes in Coronado/ San Diego, due to the weather. I found a great package deal on their website which included two night stay, a 60 min couple massage and a free breakfast for about $379. I had zero expectation however we ended up having a great experience. The main pool was a little too noisy and crazy for us, during the day, so we chose to relax at the spa pool where it was super relaxing. The landscape is beautiful. The customer service was really good. The lobby was a total surprise, it looked very very nice. Overall, I would consider it again for the same deal.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the golf course, one of the pools and the mountains. It has a private balcony wh...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Bowling Green, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We checked in around 8;30 at night after a long flight and found that the toilet was not working. Called front desk and they advised they would send up engineering. Called front desk at 9:30 inquiring about when toilet would be fixed. Again advised engineering would be right up. Called again at 10:30. Sorry for problem but someone would be right up. Writing this review at 11:44 and still waiting. I suppose we will have to check into a hotel in order to have a working toilet. Very disappointed in Marriott as we are Gold members.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank mark f
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for visiting Marriott's Desert Springs Villas. We apologize the toilet was not fixed immediately and can understand your frustration. This is not typical of the resort and we would like to personally respond to your concerns. Please email us at customer.care@vacationclub.com with your preferred method of contact and include your TripAdvisor Username. As an alternative, you may reach us directly by calling 800-860-9384. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed at this time share through Interval International. We really enjoyed it here. We had a 1 BR with full kitchen and balcony. We stayed in the W building, corner unit, upstairs, with a view of the golf course. Everything was what we expect from a Marriott! They emailed me about 2-3 weeks before our stay asking for my preferences for the room and they honored my requests when we got there! Staff were friendly and helpful, when we had someone smoking on the balcony next to us, and the wind was blowing it directly onto our balcony, I called and they came right out to remind them of their no smoking policy. We used the pool next to the lobby and really enjoyed it! It was not very crowded and water was a nice temperature. My only complaint would be about the water pressure in the shower, but that seems to be a problem in all hotels. My hair is long and washing it in a shower with no pressure is very difficult. So between the pool and the shower, after a few days we had to make a run to the store for some frizz-eez, as I couldn't even get my brush through it! Lol. We would stay here again if we were in the Palm Desert area. It's not too far to Palm Springs and even though it was HOT, it was beautiful! If you get the opportunity take the Palm Springs Aerial Tram ride! The views are fabulous and it's about a 30 degree difference from the bottom to the top, so if you need to get out of the heat for a while and still enjoy the outdoors, this is the place to do it!

Room Tip: Upstairs, corner unit, bldg W is nice. Unless you have kids, I would not stay near the Palmeras Poo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lvh78
Rockville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We come here every two or three years and it is fantastic. It is a great Marriott Property. Having the JW next door is a big plus. The front desk is very accommodating with requests for certain villas and other items when you check in. The check in can be a bit hectic at times but only once was my room not ready on time. Several times they were able to check us in early. Seems to get more popular each year as we have been unable to get our top choice the last two visits. But they do their best and that is really all you can ask. Terrific location. Close to El Paseo and about 100 golf courses.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ruskin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Great place....had a room at the far back of resort, ground floor, facing mountains and golf course. rooms have been nicely renovated, property is very well maintained.....location is great, so close to get to everywhere....staff very friendly.
only complaint i would have is that the pools are really spread out, not really close by and rather small. even the "quiet pool" which doesn't permit inflatable rafts and pool noodles, as stated on sign at gate, was never respected....a bunch of gossiping old broads, with blow up rafts and splashing kids....not as quiet as i would have liked. but the pool was ok....just never enough loungers or chairs.....
i would stay here again and recommend it to anybody looking for a conveniently located, well maintained property.

Room Tip: ** a ground floor suite is better because the patio is covered and able to be used during the mid-da...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pyramoon
Temecula
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I reserved this property for one week as a timeshare exchange through Interval International. I booked an efficiency which is marketed to accommodate up to 4 people. I called prior to arrival to request a unit with a king bed and was informed that all efficiencies at this property have only 2 double bed. Needless to say this getaway did not start well. Upon entering the unit I was confronted with a room with two double beds and a very small 24 inch table with 2 very uncomfortable chairs. No lounge or easy chair. Patio was spacious but again a room for 4 people and only 2 chairs on the patio. During the stay we experienced an electrical fire in the furnace which sickened me due to toxic fumes. Problem was fixed immediately (within 1 hour). I recovered on the patio. The air conditioning never seemed to function properly. Had to keep turning on and off to adjust temperature. Guests in adjoining unit would sit on the patio and smoke even though this is a non smoking property. Additionally guests in unit above were extremely noisy. You could hear them moving about until early hours of the am. It also sounded as though they were moving furniture. My husband and I finally checked out a day early and no one asked or seemed to care why we were departing early. I have stayed at other Marriott timeshares and never experienced this lack of service nor have I been so uncomfortable. The one good feature was a divided bath. Shower, toilet and2-s sink in one room separated from tub and another sink. No kitchen facilities (of which I was aware when I booked) but the unit did have a coffee maker, 2 slice toaster, microwave and dishes and silverware for two so carry out was facilitated. You did not have to eat out of paper containers if you brought in carry-out. I felt I ended up with a hotel room, not an efficiency. I would not recommend this property.. Marriott has much better timeshares than this one.

Room Tip: End units have more light and a larger patio. No elevator but upstairs rooms may be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank pfs67
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

First time to Palm Springs, and this place was a great place to start. The surrounding area is beautiful and I've never seen so many golf courses in such a short proximity to one another. The only downside is if you're here to actually hit the city of palm springs, you're a 20-minute ut if you don't mind the drive, you're definitely not going to find a place like this much closer...

Had a two bedroom overlooking the golf course and the JW Marriott (where we had access to pools, gym, etc. during the week). The suites are huge and recently re-done with a modern feel and with lots of room for 5 people. Beds were comfortable, but nothing to write home about. What does require a mention is the balcony. It was huge and provided an expansive view over the golf course and waterfall. Definitely a great place to watch the sun go down.

The resort is huge, the grounds are nice and there are multiple pools. And while it is very family-friendly (replete with kids running wild through the convenience store and crying little jerks at the pool) there are pools that are identified as 'quiet' so those without kids can get away.

I will echo what other reviewers have said about service not being the highlight of the trip. While I didn't experience 'bad' service per-say, the 3 different times I attempted to reach an operator/front desk (during non-peak times) I was directed to an automated machine telling me to hold, and where no one ever picked-up. Good thing I'm not really high-maintenance, but I could see how this might bother others.

All-in-all a very nice place, especially if you travel with a large group. If I were visiting for nightlife and entertainment, I would probably look to stay a little closer to the city.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Homewood Suites by Hilton Palm Desert
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages

Been to Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I? Share your experiences!