Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Suites Palm Desert I-10(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$83
$86
$319
JW Marriott
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$99
Homewood
Residence Inn Palm Desert(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$109
Embarc Palm Desert(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$249
Hotels.com
Shadow Mountain Resort and Club(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$88
$75
Groupon.com
Courtyard Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
$123
$99
International Hotel & Suites(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$55
Travelocity
The Inn at Deep Canyon(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$89
Travelocity
All reviewsdesert springsjw marriottsunken living roomvillas iigolf coursefull kitchenmain marriottpalmeras poolmain poolhotel poolsecond bedroomcorner unitpre arrivalno elevatorthese unitscoffee makertime share
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We were here on a Get a Way unit 9253. These units are equipped with an oven,dishwasher,coffeemakEven have small washer and dryer. The unit is big. Every morning, I had coffee on the patio,over looking the Golf Course. Location is central,you do need a car.. Great place we will return

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Teach1977
Reviewed October 18, 2011

we just returned on 10-16 from a weeks stay. let me start by saying " what a great place for a family reunion. we had 3 two bedroom condos for 14 people (yes a little over kill) but alot of room. the remodel units are great and we had a good location. we had no problem at check in, got in all the rooms about 2pm and the front desk staff were very friendly. the main pool was redone this past march , they moved the bar and it looks nice. we really had no problems with the palm deserts, we are planning on going back next year.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Love this property. Stayed a week in October and could of stayed a month. We love villas I because they are so roomy. We actually stayed in this same unit a couple of years ago. Some pointers for people who are staying here for the fist time. You can send in your requests I think 3 weeks before you arrive. Always request gate check in this way your villa will be ready by 3 ours was ready before 2. We like a corner unit upper floor. Golf course view (the only draw back to this is they mow the lawn everymorning at 5:45am). They do not have maid service unless you pay for it but its not a big deal to us for some others it is. You have to remember this is a timeshare property not a hotel. The window was broken in our unit and they came and looked at it within an hour of calling and had it totally fixed the next day. Everyone is very friendly and helpfull. Love using the pool at the main lobby. Great place to take morning walks. You can walk to the JW hotel and there is a Starbucks there. I walked every moring somethimes by myself and felt very safe. Looking forward to our next visit next year. They have renovated most of the villas so be sure to ask for one that is done. They are very nice and updated. I have nothing but postives about this place. If you want a Ritz kind of stay this is not the place but it is very lovely.

Room Tip: Corner units are a little bigger and less noisy. Upper units away from the a/c units. They are all located below the windows on the bottom floor. Also this property is 2 stories and only has stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Just returned from a short stay at this establishment. This was our first time here.
We were assigned to Unit E - closest to the JW and I must say this is one of the largest units we have over stayed in. At approximately 300 sq ft, and a patio, we had more than enough room for the 2 of us. We enjoyed the large 2 person jetted tub and also appreciated the in room fridge, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker. The kitchen area also came with all the kitchen utensils, cups, plates etc.

The grounds are well kept, the pools sparkling and there are so many activities to choose from you will never be bored. In fact, you will have more difficulty in finding out what not to do because there is so much to choose from. There was almost no need for us to go anywhere else because this resort really had it all for us. I also enjoyed their gym because of the up to date equipment and also Core Training room. The bed was divine and so comfortable.

The only reason we did leave this property was to eat. I must recommend that you use this website and/or yelp.com for assistance. I will write reviews on the restaurants we went to, but be sure to go to CJ's Diner for breakfast, Mama Livereri's for the best Italian food, Shermans Deli for Matzo ball soup and Corned Beef sandwich and go to Fishermans Market and Grill before 5:30 to take advantage of their early bird specials....Trust me, you won't be disappointed

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RBHWalnut_CA
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I had the opportunity to stay here, but had significant reservations at ever staying at another Marriott time share, after my bad experience at Marriott Desert Springs a month or so ago.

I could not have been more wrong!

This is a beautiful property - the quality of the buildings is far superior to the Marriott DS just a few miles away!

I stayed in a beautiful one bedroom condo on the ground floor - it had a full kitchen, and luxury bathroom and a large living room with a 4 seat dining table - lots of room, and a great location on the 11th hole of the beautiful golf course. It also had a washer dryer.

Free Wifi throughout the property.

The property itself is huge - and from the lobby, you drive through security gates onto a very well planned out small town - great parking - and lots of it, all covered, and sidewalks that are beautifully landscaped and in between the buildings they have bar B Que area's - with four to six Bar b Ques all ready to grill up those steaks.

The property has beautiful sculptures of desert animals sparkling with mosaics as well as beautiful landscaping with metal sculptures and art works.

My unit faced onto the golf course - but other units on opposite side (especially the second floor units) had a beautiful view of the mountain range - in fact at the main swimming pool, there was a beautiful view of almost the entire mountain ranges from the aerial tramway to La Quinta.

So you may want to confirm a mountain view when booking.

The main swimming pool area is again huge - two lounge/swim area's - one more for families and kids with a water slide and fountains - the other area for adults - that itself has two pools and lots of lounge chairs and piles of clean towels.

There is plenty of undercover lounge area's with cool water misters - bringing the temperature down to really comfortable levels. They turn on just when the morning heat is rising, and stay on all day through the early evening.

There are a number of restaurants on the property - although when I was there they were only open Friday and Saturday.

There is a shuttle bus that runs around the property.

The people that work there - from the check in desk to the coffee shop person to the security are all incredibly friendly and helpful.

I had no problem checking out at 2pm - they were more than please to accommodate!

There is no daily room cleaning service - as they are designed as timeshares - but - or you can have a maids service at an extra charge of I think $30.00 or you can order the free towel exchange service.

I cooked the whole week (in the very nice and fully equipped kitchen) - having dinner out on the small patio that overlooked the beautifully manicured golf course. There is an Albertsons just a mile or so down the street.

Highly recommend staying there!

I was told by the girl in the coffee shop that many Canadians chose this place for winter retreats, and that they are really fun and a great group of people.

Room Tip: Try reserving a mountain view room. The balconies on the second floor look small - but have a better view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple