“Wonderful Visit”

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
White Plains, New York
“Wonderful Visit”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We were here on a Get a Way unit 9253. These units are equipped with an oven,dishwasher,coffeemakEven have small washer and dryer. The unit is big. Every morning, I had coffee on the patio,over looking the Golf Course. Location is central,you do need a car.. Great place we will return

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Teach1977

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
ballston lake, new york
Reviewed October 18, 2011

we just returned on 10-16 from a weeks stay. let me start by saying " what a great place for a family reunion. we had 3 two bedroom condos for 14 people (yes a little over kill) but alot of room. the remodel units are great and we had a good location. we had no problem at check in, got in all the rooms about 2pm and the front desk staff were very friendly. the main pool was redone this past march , they moved the bar and it looks nice. we really had no problems with the palm deserts, we are planning on going back next year.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Brentwood, California
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Love this property. Stayed a week in October and could of stayed a month. We love villas I because they are so roomy. We actually stayed in this same unit a couple of years ago. Some pointers for people who are staying here for the fist time. You can send in your requests I think 3 weeks before you arrive. Always request gate check in this way your villa will be ready by 3 ours was ready before 2. We like a corner unit upper floor. Golf course view (the only draw back to this is they mow the lawn everymorning at 5:45am). They do not have maid service unless you pay for it but its not a big deal to us for some others it is. You have to remember this is a timeshare property not a hotel. The window was broken in our unit and they came and looked at it within an hour of calling and had it totally fixed the next day. Everyone is very friendly and helpfull. Love using the pool at the main lobby. Great place to take morning walks. You can walk to the JW hotel and there is a Starbucks there. I walked every moring somethimes by myself and felt very safe. Looking forward to our next visit next year. They have renovated most of the villas so be sure to ask for one that is done. They are very nice and updated. I have nothing but postives about this place. If you want a Ritz kind of stay this is not the place but it is very lovely.

Room Tip: Corner units are a little bigger and less noisy. Upper units away from the a/c units. They are all...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Walnut, CA
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Just returned from a short stay at this establishment. This was our first time here.
We were assigned to Unit E - closest to the JW and I must say this is one of the largest units we have over stayed in. At approximately 300 sq ft, and a patio, we had more than enough room for the 2 of us. We enjoyed the large 2 person jetted tub and also appreciated the in room fridge, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker. The kitchen area also came with all the kitchen utensils, cups, plates etc.

The grounds are well kept, the pools sparkling and there are so many activities to choose from you will never be bored. In fact, you will have more difficulty in finding out what not to do because there is so much to choose from. There was almost no need for us to go anywhere else because this resort really had it all for us. I also enjoyed their gym because of the up to date equipment and also Core Training room. The bed was divine and so comfortable.

The only reason we did leave this property was to eat. I must recommend that you use this website and/or yelp.com for assistance. I will write reviews on the restaurants we went to, but be sure to go to CJ's Diner for breakfast, Mama Livereri's for the best Italian food, Shermans Deli for Matzo ball soup and Corned Beef sandwich and go to Fishermans Market and Grill before 5:30 to take advantage of their early bird specials....Trust me, you won't be disappointed

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RBHWalnut_CA
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I had the opportunity to stay here, but had significant reservations at ever staying at another Marriott time share, after my bad experience at Marriott Desert Springs a month or so ago.

I could not have been more wrong!

This is a beautiful property - the quality of the buildings is far superior to the Marriott DS just a few miles away!

I stayed in a beautiful one bedroom condo on the ground floor - it had a full kitchen, and luxury bathroom and a large living room with a 4 seat dining table - lots of room, and a great location on the 11th hole of the beautiful golf course. It also had a washer dryer.

Free Wifi throughout the property.

The property itself is huge - and from the lobby, you drive through security gates onto a very well planned out small town - great parking - and lots of it, all covered, and sidewalks that are beautifully landscaped and in between the buildings they have bar B Que area's - with four to six Bar b Ques all ready to grill up those steaks.

The property has beautiful sculptures of desert animals sparkling with mosaics as well as beautiful landscaping with metal sculptures and art works.

My unit faced onto the golf course - but other units on opposite side (especially the second floor units) had a beautiful view of the mountain range - in fact at the main swimming pool, there was a beautiful view of almost the entire mountain ranges from the aerial tramway to La Quinta.

So you may want to confirm a mountain view when booking.

The main swimming pool area is again huge - two lounge/swim area's - one more for families and kids with a water slide and fountains - the other area for adults - that itself has two pools and lots of lounge chairs and piles of clean towels.

There is plenty of undercover lounge area's with cool water misters - bringing the temperature down to really comfortable levels. They turn on just when the morning heat is rising, and stay on all day through the early evening.

There are a number of restaurants on the property - although when I was there they were only open Friday and Saturday.

There is a shuttle bus that runs around the property.

The people that work there - from the check in desk to the coffee shop person to the security are all incredibly friendly and helpful.

I had no problem checking out at 2pm - they were more than please to accommodate!

There is no daily room cleaning service - as they are designed as timeshares - but - or you can have a maids service at an extra charge of I think $30.00 or you can order the free towel exchange service.

I cooked the whole week (in the very nice and fully equipped kitchen) - having dinner out on the small patio that overlooked the beautifully manicured golf course. There is an Albertsons just a mile or so down the street.

Highly recommend staying there!

I was told by the girl in the coffee shop that many Canadians chose this place for winter retreats, and that they are really fun and a great group of people.

Room Tip: Try reserving a mountain view room. The balconies on the second floor look small - but have a better...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This timeshare property probably offers the largest size villas/units of just about any timeshare out there. Villa's 1 has comfortable furnishings and well stocked kitchens for our multi-generational family. It is easy to shop at the Ralphs Fresh Faire near the timeshare and make most meals in the unit. The dining table comfortably seats 6-8.
The units have been moderatly updated to include flat panel tv's. Plenty of towels and the like are provided. A number of pools are available within the Desert Springs Villas 1 & 2, so many options to choose from when it comes to swimming.
We like to play tennis, so proximity to the tennis court is a must for our family. The surrounding grounds are well maintained and having the J.W. Marriott within walking distance is an added bonus for all of the amenities that resort has to offer (restuarants, gondola, Star Bucks, kid activities, spa).
Definitely prefer Villas 1 to 2 primarily due to size of the unit. We like it so much, we stay annually.

Room Tip: End units have more Windows.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SodaTraveler
Modesto, Calif.
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We just had our second of two stays in a at DS1 through a "getaway" with our timeshare exchange. Both were through the first week of September including the Labor Day holiday, in 2010 & 2011. We found the staff to be friendly, pleasant and accommodating.

The one-bedroom unit is a wonderful, large space. Well furnished with exceptional wood finishings on cupboards, granite countertops, and stainless steel appliances. We love the step-down living room with two large connecting sofas, where you can view the golfcourse and pond, or watch the large flatscreen TV. The spa tub is roomy for two people, and we bring candles & bubble bath to fully enjoy it.

Unfortunately, on this latest check-in, I initially kept running into invisable sticky spots. That is the only reason I am giving 4 stars enstead of 5. The underside of the refrigerator door handle, a spot on the floor in front of the fridge, splattered mirror, spots of food left on dishes probably after poor dishwashing, and dusty lampbases and shades. I would have called for housekeeping, but each time I was surprised to find another spot. I probably used about 1/8th of the paper towel roll taking care of these minor annoyances. On the good side, our unit (Bldg B, room 9115) was so lovely that I really didn't want to be moved to another unit. And I didn't find any other problems after the first evening. These things would have probably gladly been taken care of if I had called.

We were glad we went to the Monday morning welcome and orientation meeting. There were discounts and drawings for free stuff. Get there early for the drawing. Marriott has introduced a White Tiger yoga and fitness exercise program here and at a few of their other resorts. Being in the off season, we were able to participate for the whole week for $59. each, regularly about $25 per class session. The guy who put this program together definitely knows his stuff. It is very good to help get the kinks out and keep you physically healthy for your vacation, and generally not too extreme. Lots of gentle stretching including concepts of yoga and tai chi, also water fitness exercises. We didn't buy the extra exercise class videos and doodads available for taking home, but wouldn't have minded having them, as this is a program worth continuing as your morning routine. We were across the small street from the clubhouse, and enjoyed using that pool without other occupants between 7 and 9am.

Also new this trip is the Shadow activities building. We especially enjoyed viewing free second-run movies there. They have seating for about 20, and had movies that had come out within the last year. We saw "Soul Surfer", and "True Grit". Skip the chocolate tasting event if you are an adult. Just explanations about the gradations from white chocolate to bitter chocolate, and the tastings are of Ghiradelli chocolate chips. Might be interesting for children.

We attended the timeshare vacation program presentation as we wanted to know what Marriott is doing with their new points program. Our reward was $75 resort credits or two rounds of golf. We split it for one round of golf and $50 toward the spa at the Marriott hotel. It was worth it to us, we learned a lot about their program and they were pleasant at the end when we declined to join, and kept the whole thing to 2 hours, even with our questions and comments.

Room Tip: Studio/ efficiencies in DS1 are mostly parking lot view. The one bedroom units are larger in Desert...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
#8 of 22 in Palm Desert
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa

Been to Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I? Share your experiences!