“"My Oasis"”

Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
San Diego, California
“"My Oasis"”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Great place, great service. This is definitely my oasis! I had a great time staying here with my friends. There is nothing better than basking in the sun around the pool area and the new kitchens are certainly a major plus. Rooms are both modern and comfortable. Distance to shopping/restaurant area was convenient. In addition, the staff is both accommodating and friendly. The staff made planning this trip completely stress free. Overall, this place is an excellent value and I will certainly come back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Alan G, Manager at International Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
It is very motivating and a plus when our guests have a wonderful vacation at the International Lodge. I know that you have been coming for the last couple of years and I want you and your party to know that I appreciate your business greatly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed here last year and coming back again for Coachella! The rooms are nice and the pool is pretty great. All the staff were very helpful to us, especially when we wanted extra towels. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Pete1995
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Clean spacious studio with updated interior (IKEA design-type) kitchen and nice little patio seating area near the pool.

The exterior is very '70's - so it looks (from the street) like the old motels in Palm Springs. But the studio-condos have been renovated with updated kitchens, furniture, lighting and window coverings and are really great!. .

Very friendly staff - Thanks to Leo and staff for a great stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank gmo2001
Reno
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This place is definitely a hidden gem. DON'T believe ANY of the negative reviews. You will miss out on a wonderful place! The rooms are outstanding, beautiful newly remodeled decor, better that the resorts that charge 4 times as much. Full kitchen with NEW full size appliances, hardwood floors, lovely and comfortable living room furniture, double balcony (upstairs over the courtyard is quieter), bathroom was more modern than I've seen in any luxury hotel! Staff couldn't of been nicer or more accomodating. Didn't have a blender in my room that I had previously requested, after asking at the front desk, I had a BRAND NEW blender in my room within a half hour! I can't say enough about how great this place is, the pools are fabulous, both heated, the smaller one is heated a bit more and is perfect for nighttime swimming, and the pools are open 24 hours! There is an abundant amount of free parking and 3 large grocery stores are in walking distance. Lot's of shops and restaurants within walking distance with the El Paseo shopping center just a couple of blocks away, but I do recommend having a car. All the rooms have different decor and upon peeking into several of them, they are all equally fabulous! I have worked in the travel industry for 25+ years and have stayed at all levels of properties, and I don't give out compliments randomly. This hotel is an excellent value and a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank kittymidori
It was so wonderful having the two of you stay with us. I know this was your first time staying at the International and we look forward to having you back soon. The suite you were in was recently remodeled and I encouraged by all the feedback we have been getting. By the way next time I will make sure we have that blender for you!
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The exterior is very 1970's but rooms have been completely remodeled & are quite contemporary & very large & comfortable. The very short walk to El Paseo restaurants & shops is a big plus. I did not use the pool area but it looked nice. This is not a 4 star place but for the money I would say it is a good value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mary M
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Well...there's no doubt, we're making our reservations for next year once again! Each year this place (International Lodge) gets better & better. This little GEM offers very comfortable, clean, spacious condos with kitchens for nice affordable rates. Centrally located, it's within walking distance to all the wonderful shops & eateries on El Paseo. We are looking forward to staying here next year... : )

• Stayed March 2013
7 Thank Tennisgirl2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We accepted trip advisors 4 star rating I would give it2 stars at a maximum. Although the room was clean and spacious and faced the pool,there was no dresser in which to put our clothes, the room had no phone, the sink was chipped, the tile in the shower needed work, and the walls were scuffed
There was also no coffee shop snack bar,etc We definitely would not recommend this motel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple