“A good, clean room at a very good price”

International Hotel & Suites
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
San Diego, CA
“A good, clean room at a very good price”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

First off, the weekend we were there was a big weekend in October in Palm Springs--a huge bike rally--so to get a room for $99/night was a fantastic deal. When we drove up I was wondering what we got ourselves into. It's old, cinder-block style is much different than the resorts and hotels throughout the desert area. (I should probably confess that we also have a time share at the Westin Rancho Mirage, so I am used to "resort style" hotels) But when we walked in, the room was very clean and nicely decorated. I think the only complaints about the room itself would be the curtains--which were quite dirty--and some of the bathroom vanity area wasnt quite finished--ie the canned lights were not sealed off and were also very hot. However, the kitchen was very well stocked, which is wonderful! We also, thank goodness, had brought olive oil, which helped so we could get the sliding door opened.
There was also an issue with toilet paper and tissue paper. Alan did call me on Sunday once we returned home & apologized for that issue. Appararently there was a lack of ordering supplies on the part of the new housekeeping mgr.
Overall, the vibe there is very chill. The housekeeping staff is nice. While the pools aren't spectacular, on the other, had we could bring our own drinks and some appies out and it didn't cost us $100 for lunch and drinks by the pool
We will return again!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for one of the upgraded rooms!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank oceanloversd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Finnish first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Service was fast and friendly. Room was modern, newly furnished, and very clean, and very quiet. There was a heated pool right outside the back door, but I didn't get a chance to use it. There was a Cactus Jacks restaurant and bar that was well rated on Yelp right across the street, a 5 minute walk, which was great. This place allows single night stays on the weekend also. I'd stay here again anytime.

Room Tip: I had a ground floor opening to pool, it was nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank pmannaz
Alan G, General Manager at International Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
It was a pleasure meeting you during your stay. Thank you for the kind words and we all hope to have you back shortly. Next time we hope to have you for an even longer stay.
Belle Plaine, Minnesota
Reviewed November 17, 2012

After renting a condo at the International Lodge in February 2011 and 2012, we decided not
to return in February 2013.since we had not received the contract for 2013 as promised. We
sent an e-mail to Alan on 8/15/2012 asking for a copy of our contract and received no response.
We sent another e-mail a month later cancelling our reservation (if we indeed had one) and
requesting our $300 deposit be returned - no response. We called Alan on 9/21/12 and asked him to cancel our reservation and return our $300 & he said he would and our deposit would be
mailed within 2 days. Never received it. Called Alan on 10/15/12 and he stated the check had
been sent and must be lost in the mail, he would place a stop payment on it and send the check
by registered mail and would call to let us know the tracking number. NO CALL AND NO CHECK. We then sent another e-mail over a week later and this one he actually responded to and again apologized said he was on vacation and would definitely return the deposit when
he returned on Monday. Guess what - no check. Our last contact with Alan was a week ago
when we text him and asked where our check was - another apology and said we would
again receive it in two days. We notice on this website he has time to respond to reviews but
somehow cannot find the time to return deposits to previous renters.

Room Tip: We received the room we reserved in 2011 but when we arrived in 2012 we did not receive the room we...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Minnesotan42859
Riverside, California
Reviewed November 5, 2012

When i saw the outside of the hotel i thought it was going to be a standard everyday type of room. When i walked in i was greeted with great looking furniture, a full kitchen, and a balcony over looking the spa. We spent alot of time sipping wine on the balcony. It is a four minute drive to the living desert zoo. Half hour from the salton sea and twenty minutes from palm springs. If your into desert wild life thats a perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: I like the upstairs but downstairs opens strait to the pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Michael M
Alabama, United States
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I spent most of March 2012 at the International Lodge and enjoyed my stay so much, I've already booked for 2013. Alan and the staff were awesome, very accomodating! Great value, awesome location. The exterior may appear a bit dated, but my room was very nicely furnished, very comfortable. Travelling alone on business and felt very safe. Have recommended this to my friends travelling in the area!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Jade10S
Alan G, General Manager at International Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I wanted to take a moment and thank you on behalf of my staff and I. It truly means a lot to us when our guests enjoy their stay. As you know we are a mid size hotel with a big heart and attempt to make each guest stay a memorable one. I am very thankful that you have decided to make the International Lodge your Palm Desert Oasis in the near future once again.
California
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This place is OK by me! We stayed there in one of the refurbished studios, I think # 24, for 4 nights October 2012 at a BARGAIN PRICE, well under $100/night. I left my iPod in the room and the staff was great about sending it back to me--I talked to Leo, who checked on it and returned my call. I sent them a prepaid, pre-addressed box and it was returned promptly with a nice note from Alan. It's not a 5-star resort but we definitely got our money's worth.
Pros: Nice stone tile flooring, new furniture, cabinets and refrig, location near the tennis garden, nice size room with kitchen on one wall. Flaws: Not quite decorator-perfect with a few places needing paint touch up or repairs to finish work.
We'd go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a refubished room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Mimi005
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was recently in the Coachella Valley and stayed @ the International lodge. My private condo was extremely clean & furnished during my entire stay and i quickly felt at home after a day or so into my 3 week stay. The staff was friendly & professional and always made sure I had everything (including high speed Internet). I recommend this place to anyone looking for a clean, nicely furnished condo @ at an excellent rate! 5 STARS!!

• Stayed August 2012