“It felt like Home away from Home...”

International Hotel & Suites
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My recent stay at the International Lodge was wonderful! I was fortunate to stay in a Unit that had just been redecorated with a contemporary decor and spotless. There was a nice BBQ provided by the Lodge and we had an opportunity to get to know the friendly new Staff, Alan (owner), Mary, Barbara, Leo. They make you feel right at home. Mary has done a fabulous job transitioning over to Manager. The day we weren't scheduled for housekeeping, Mary sent someone right over anyway. The other Guests at the BBQ were just as pleased with their stay here, as well. I highly recommend this property as we will be returning again next year.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank B E
There are newer reviews for International Hotel & Suites

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have visited the International Lodge on many occasions. The rooms are clean and located conviently near shopping and golf courses. I come to play golf and relax. Alan the manager has always been willing to bend over backward for me in finding a room. Recently he was sold out and he could not find me a room and put me up at the nice Inn next door at his own cost. Many of the rooms I have recently stayed in have been upgraded with granite counter tops and tile floors. I consider this my home away from home. I know they recently changed many of their staff for the better. So give this place a try and I will see you on the range.

Room Tip: Call the manager direct.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Mark H
Reviewed February 19, 2012

My family and I stayed here because we are relocating to the area for my husbands job. This place worked for us because it had a kitchen. The first week was good. No problems. Then we started not getting housekeeping like we were told. We would call Alan (the manager) and the office and we were constantly being avoided. Then we were relocated to another unit. In this unit the heater wouldn't work. Again my husband and I complained and complained ( I have children ). Then we weren't given housekeeping in this unit either and had no vacuum or cleaning supplies. When we moved in we were told that everything was taken care of like cleaning supplies, a vacuum, and toilet paper. We were never provided with any of this. Please keep in mind that my husbands company was paying a few weeks in advance. When someone finally came to address the problems it was Mary who said she was the manager and never heard of our complaints. I had no idea who she was! She was not very nice Considering all the problems we were having. I just want to warn people not to stay here. It was the worst experience we had ever had. Finally Mary said she wasn't going to fix the heater so we left. Now we are staying in a nice place with people who know what hospitality means.

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank mrsvikkijimenez
Reviewed December 1, 2011

We stayed here in August for 2 and the month of November. The rooms are a little out dated but they are privately owned so no fault to the owner. We always talked to Alan. He was great. I can say the new staff was much better. Other than Barbra at front desk. If you get her might as well hang up. She is rude! Housekeeping is a pain to get. In a month I have had it once. Finally just went and bought my own vacuum. Other than that my experience was great.

• Stayed: November 2011
13  Thank mrsov
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband was working in the desert for 5 months and we got one of the studio condos they provide for that time. It was a wonderful experience. Rooms were great roomy with kitchens. A real home away from home! Great shopping and eating places within reach. The staff there were very nice and always willing to help. We will be back.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
16  Thank Dawn P
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I recently transferred within the company and was given a position in Palm Desert. After frivelous searching and calling and touring, we stumbled upon The International Lodge. With its stark white buildings and blue awnings, its definitely the focal point of the neighborhood. Each room has its own individual style to it, some cozy like home, some modern and classy. I absolutely love the pool and take advantage of the propane barbecue located a short distance outside my room. Now when I get off work I feel like I'm still on vacation! Did I mention it's walking distance from El Paseo?? Fabulous food and shopping at your disposal. This place is a desert gem, and I would highly recommend it to anyone staying in Palm Desert.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
19  Thank Graham L
Reviewed October 11, 2011

You have everything within minutes away from the lodge great pool and always clean a great place for short term or vacation stay was the best place I have found a long time

• Stayed: September 2011