“Wow! Who would have thought-”

Musashi Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Ranked #78 of 289 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Musashi Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar opened in 1996. Located at Highway 111 and Plaza Way, across from Westfield Shoppingtown, an intimate restaurant that combines soft lighting, and soothing jazz with an airy decor. In the center of Palm Desert, Musashi serves up Palm Springs area's finest Japanese cuisine together with the friendliest staff and family atmosphere, dining at Musashi is always enjoyable.
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I was not expecting much when we arrived at this laid back ,not very fancy Japanese restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised. Our entire party went for the sushi-really good- and I had one of my favorites that you don't find very often-sukiyaki.O.K. It wasn't prepared at the table and it didn't have shiritake or green onions,but it did have some tasty slices of meat and a wonderful sauce,I thoroughly enjoyed it.Servers were competent and friendly. We will definitely add this to our list of Palm Springs restaurants.

1  Thank mflickermd

Reviewed November 8, 2013

The elegant waitress was the surprise beginning, followed by a typical Japanese menu selection. We shared Gyoza "pot stickers", beef and noodles, rice, a vegetable called something like "Guomae", with either warm sake or Kirin beer. All affordable too! This is a classy little restaurant to which we will certainly retur.

1  Thank 8Peter
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Excellent sushi in a very comfortable atmosphere. Family run, service was outstanding and the best in Palm Desert.

1  Thank jdorschel
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Must have the dragon roll and spicy tuna. We make sure to eat here every trip out to palm desert. A real gem. Great service and ambiance. Had our anniversary dinner here. Enjoy a sapporro beer with your sushi!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

While traveling for business in Palm Desert, I got the urge for sushi. My GPS showed Musashi Restaurant nearby so I went to check it out. I have a favorite sushi bar at home in San Diego that I visit once a week. And most other sushi bars I visit just can't measure up. So I didn't expect much from a sushi bar in the middle of the desert. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant was clean. The staff hurried to clear a spot at the bar for me and my traveling companions. The service was a little slow at first, but it got better. The sashimi was fresh. And they had everything I would normally order - Amaebi, Ankimo, Aji, Hamachi Kama, Uni, Albacore Belly and more. Our chef did his best to accommodate our orders, because lets face it, many things we order at a sushi bar are just not on a menu. They didn't have my favorite brand of cold sake. Oh well. I don't think I will let that stop me from visiting Musashi Restaurant the next time I am in Palm Desert.

1  Thank bbearclaw