“Closed down. Out of business”
Review of Tsing Tao Chinese Cuisine - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tsing Tao Chinese Cuisine
Cuisines: Chinese
Hidden Hills
“Closed down. Out of business”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The best thing on the menu was the walnut shrimp. I will miss that dish but nothing else. I never did like the manager and her attitude.

• Visited October 2012

Palm Desert, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved them & the are gone....”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Ihave been enjoying this restaurant for many years after moving here from L.A. and dining at some pretty great restaurants downtown. It was my favorite Chinese restaurant in Palm Desert. I esp. liked the honey walnut shrimp, which was tender yet crispy shrimp with a honey glaze & whole walnuts served on a bed of lettuce. Unique & wonderful. There were numberous other dishes I liked. The owners were always there working and there was a great pride of ownership with friendly service, nice linens & ambiance, and consistantly good food. When I went to dine recently, their was a "for lease" sign in the window and the restaurant was closed! I've called their number and it is disconnected. It was an older couple and I assume they retired. If anyone knows, or if you hear that they open in another location, PLEASE let me know!

P.S. I am shocked at the reviews that say the owners were rude and argumentative. I didn't observe any of that kind of behavior in all the years I dined at Tsing Tao, but just the opposite found them hard working and eager to serve.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank janiskpc
Los Angeles, California, United States
“RUDE, BAD ATTITUDE, NOT BABY FRINEDLY (Actually not human friendly)”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Very rude and bad attitude ,not baby, kid or human friendly ..
We went there with our 15 month old. She was a little cranky when we entered. The server gave us a seat. Then a rude Chinese lady (probably manager) came to us and asked us to order a TAKE OUT instead of DINEIN since our baby was crying and it would disturb the other people around in the restaurant. We got mad. How rude is that to immediately ask a guest who has just entered and sat at the table and not even ordered any food to order a take out . Not even giving us a few minutes to settle down and attend to our baby. That chinese lady and the restaurant sucks big time. And by the way all the other people sitting at other tables were whites and we were asian. Would she even have the guts to tell a white lady what she told us..
(at that time there were no other babies there). We asked her, "You dont allow babies into the restaurant" . she said "yes, but they dont cry" .... HUH.. so if the baby does not cry when we enter and then in the middle of our dinner she starts crying, are they going to say "OK.. ur baby is crying.. u need to get up and leave, we will pack ur food". We did not even bother to stay there.. gave her a piece of our mind and walked away. Forget about any STARS for this place... prices are high , staff/manager are rude

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank shaane
Palm Desert, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Major attitude from the owners - terrible customer service”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The owners are very rude and when we mentioned they got our order incorrect , they began to argue with us and demanded we pay for the item even though we didnt eat or want it - unbelievable! They must be depaerate for money and have never heard of the Nordstrom customer service where the customer is right and admit when you as the vendor are incorrect.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank Mustangill
California
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed February 3, 2010

We have now been several times and it is very consistent with excellent food, good service, and very pleasant staff it" s also in a good location right off the 111