“Bar menu at its best”

Ristorante Mamma Gina
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Mamma Gina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 280 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Ristorante Mamma Gina has been a landmark in Florentine cuisine in Italy since 1956. Thirty years later, in 1986, California residents were able to get their very own taste of Italy as Ristorante Mamma Gina made its way to the United States.Since then we have been serving the desert with the best Italian food you can find on this side of the world. We pride ourselves on our authentic Italian cuisine, kitchen, and service. With white linens and a very classy atmosphere, Ristorante Mamma Gina is the perfect spot for your next date night or family get together. Bring your next special occasion to Ristorante Mamma Gina. Our Wine Room and Lounge are available for small private parties. For an intimate gathering our Wine Room accommodates between 10 to 18 people comfortably. For larger groups our Lounge accommodates parties up to 60 people. We have 4 sample menus to choose from, or you can always create your own. We're the next best thing to Italy itself! Come in for a traditional and authentic Italian dish. White wine with barrel on vineyard in Chianti, Tuscany, Italy Thinking of traveling to Tuscany, Italy for the real deal? Weekly or monthly rentals available at great apartments in Florence and Villas in Chianti area. We know just the right spots to travel and of course eat! Additional Business Information: Happy Hour: 4pm-close Dinner: 5pm-close Early Bird Special: 5-6pm
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Combine a friendly staff, a place to be see and be seen and a very good kitchen and you have the makings of Mamma Gina's Bar. The area has not only a dozen bar seats but another dozen or more tables, enough to serve 50 or more diners at once. Mamma Gina's is one of the happening place in Palm Desert. The extensive menu is as varied as I have ever seen in a bar menu and the value is unparalled.

I continually patronize the restaurant where the scene (from your average person to celebrities) is a trip and the culinary experience is consistently excellent. I would actually give the rating as 4 1/2 stars if your system allowed.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We've eaten here before when visiting the "Valley" but hit "Mama Gina's" twice in past five days!! They've been in Palm Desert since the '80s as I recall so they're a survivor for good reason. Great service, attractive restaurant and fair prices. (Many servers have been here for years we have been told.) If looking for a good deal for early dining, they have a three course dinner offering (several entree choices) if you get your order placed by 5:30 PM. Valet parking available.

Pieratt, Owner at Ristorante Mamma Gina, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Molto bene for me..
Mille grazie. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

El Paseo, street of dreams and expensive stores is home to Mamma Gina's, a wonderfully inexpensive place to dine during all night Happy Hours. There is a nice porch to watch the passers-by, and great food to enjoy as well. Recommended for those times when only good to great Italian food will do.

Thanks for the kind word..
Come back soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

My husband and I were walking along El Paseo looking for another restaurant and saw this one and decided to go in. The part for happy hour was packed with folks waiting - we went in the restaurant and were able to get a table for two by the window after looking at three other tables. We ordered from the early bird menu which was reasonable. We were both very happy with our meals. I ordered the creme brulee and it was one of the best I have ever had - outstanding! We will be back again.

Pieratt, Owner at Ristorante Mamma Gina, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

I'm glad we made you happy.
Thanks

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went to Mamma Gina for dinner with a friend and his children on their recommendation. We sat in the Enoteca side of the restaurant after a short wait for a table. After sitting, the waiter arrived at the table quickly, took our drink orders and quickly brought bread for dipping in oil and balsamic vinegar. As a starter, I enjoyed the wedge salad with blue cheese, onion and bacon while my husband enjoyed the calamari, which were well prepared. For mains, the kids had pasta dishes, which they enjoyed while my husband had the polpette with red sauce and spinach, I had the shrimp skewer and spinach and our friend had pasta with Bolognese sauce. My dish was delicious: the shrimp were well prepared, large and meaty and served along with a considerably sized portion of sautéed spinach with garlic. Food was delicious, prices were reasonable and the service was attentive. We hope to return one more time during our visit so we can try the risotto and the lamb skewer.