“Tiny little place”

Fisherman's Market & Grill
Ranked #32 of 275 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is a tiny little place in the corner of a shopping center with little to no atmosphere, but really good seafood. My husband had the pasta with mussels and I had the sea bass. Food was very good. You order at the counter and then grab a seat outside and they bring you the food. If you are looking for a very casual place for dinner, this is a good find. Prices were extremely reasonable.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I do not eat meat, only fish and seafood. I am fussy with my seafood but Fisherman's Market has never disappointed me with their "fresh" seafood variety. I heard from them that all the seafood they have is fresh, never been frozen. I belive them because I can taste it. Their sword fish and fried oysters are my favorites. When I have visitors, I always take them to the Grill. I even send the people I meet who ask for good restaurants. If you are a true seafood lover, they are the best.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We've had a weekend home in the desert for almost three years but didn't make it here until last night, brought by new friends who have only lived here six months. As locals, we knew the strip mall (Trader Joe's) but as many times as we've shopped here we didn't know this little gem was tucked away in the corner of the mall. Glad our friends brought us - simple place with the total focus on the freshest fish. The menu was vast, virtually everything anyone could want in fish or shellfish, in any preparation one could imagine from sushi to tacos. For the combination of a place where you order on line and then a runner brings the food to your table, prices were extremely reasonable given the high quality.

We would - and will - return since this is definitely now on our list. And so it is with many others - there are no reservations taken and on this Sunday evening the place was full and we're not even in high tourist season yet!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We came here twice in one week because we enjoyed it so much. The first night I had the seared Ahi tuna salad; the Ahi was fresh and seared to perfection . The actual salad could've been more dressed up because it was just a bunch of lettuce and a few tomato slices without any special dressing (a wasabi vinaigrette would be nice). My husband had the linguine with mussels and clams which was absolutely delicious and the mussels were huge! The place was packed and we ended up chatting with some of the locals while waiting in line to order. Apparently, it's a hugely popular local eatery that serves the best fish and chips in town.

The next night we came later in the evening so we missed the "early bird crowd" so when we arrived the place was very quite. However, not long after the restaurant began to fill up with a later crowd and people coming and going with take out. My husband had the fish and chips which he thoroughly enjoyed and said they weren't greasy at all. I ordered what my husband ordered the first night, the linguine with mussels and clams, and it was the best I've had in a long time.

We only come to Palm Desert once a year and we love to try new places to eat but I'm pretty sure next year we will dine here again. We'll defiantly recommend this place to our Canadian friends who also travel to Palm Desert.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Had the Ahi salad. The ahi was good but the salad it topped was not that good. My friend had the crab cakes and didn't care for them at all. They were very mushy inside.