“Great Fish in the Desert For a Change”

Fisherman's Market & Grill
Ranked #29 of 297 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We've had a weekend home in the desert for almost three years but didn't make it here until last night, brought by new friends who have only lived here six months. As locals, we knew the strip mall (Trader Joe's) but as many times as we've shopped here we didn't know this little gem was tucked away in the corner of the mall. Glad our friends brought us - simple place with the total focus on the freshest fish. The menu was vast, virtually everything anyone could want in fish or shellfish, in any preparation one could imagine from sushi to tacos. For the combination of a place where you order on line and then a runner brings the food to your table, prices were extremely reasonable given the high quality.

We would - and will - return since this is definitely now on our list. And so it is with many others - there are no reservations taken and on this Sunday evening the place was full and we're not even in high tourist season yet!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We came here twice in one week because we enjoyed it so much. The first night I had the seared Ahi tuna salad; the Ahi was fresh and seared to perfection . The actual salad could've been more dressed up because it was just a bunch of lettuce and a few tomato slices without any special dressing (a wasabi vinaigrette would be nice). My husband had the linguine with mussels and clams which was absolutely delicious and the mussels were huge! The place was packed and we ended up chatting with some of the locals while waiting in line to order. Apparently, it's a hugely popular local eatery that serves the best fish and chips in town.

The next night we came later in the evening so we missed the "early bird crowd" so when we arrived the place was very quite. However, not long after the restaurant began to fill up with a later crowd and people coming and going with take out. My husband had the fish and chips which he thoroughly enjoyed and said they weren't greasy at all. I ordered what my husband ordered the first night, the linguine with mussels and clams, and it was the best I've had in a long time.

We only come to Palm Desert once a year and we love to try new places to eat but I'm pretty sure next year we will dine here again. We'll defiantly recommend this place to our Canadian friends who also travel to Palm Desert.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Had the Ahi salad. The ahi was good but the salad it topped was not that good. My friend had the crab cakes and didn't care for them at all. They were very mushy inside.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Went there last night for the first time. Other reviewers are right on - we had trouble finding the place, but , once there, had a wonderful seafood experience. The line up to order looked daunting, but moved quickly. Menu options were vast - I had the hawaiian combo..... delicious! Food came out quickly - hot and well-presented.
Looking forward to our next visit!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I travel across country by car and eat seafood wherever we go. We have never found a better tasting fish and chips anywhere. We love the selection of fresh fish you can choose from. We are in the desert at least 4 times a year and our first choice for dinner is the Fisherman's Market. We tell everyone we meet to try it if you like fish and they are never disappointed. If you are in the Palm Springs area please give them a try.