“Best Fish & Chips Anywhere”

Fisherman's Market & Grill
Ranked #29 of 300 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I travel across country by car and eat seafood wherever we go. We have never found a better tasting fish and chips anywhere. We love the selection of fresh fish you can choose from. We are in the desert at least 4 times a year and our first choice for dinner is the Fisherman's Market. We tell everyone we meet to try it if you like fish and they are never disappointed. If you are in the Palm Springs area please give them a try.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have ate at the Fisherman's Market both at Palm Desert & Palm Springs at least a dozen times now. I have never had a bad meal. They have never served me a stinky piece of fish.
Always quality seafood at a real fair price. Love It!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This place is great. Was a little worried at first, not very busy at 4:30pm, had to walk up and order, they assign a table then bring the food. OK, well worth doing that!!! Food is outstanding. Sat outside, weather was perfect. You need to go to this place. A little hard to find, it's in the inside corner of a strip mall, by a big hobby shop, almost missed it. The clam chowder is a great appetizer.

1  Thank Randy B
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Never had a less than terrific meal here. We used to live in Palm Desert and made it a weekly habit to eat there. We were those locals everyone warns you about. Now that we live out of town, it is always a special pleasure to eat here. If you get here at just the right time, you will find a line out the door. For that reason, I recommend going slightly early or a bit later than prime time. The restaurant DOES get packed and it can be difficult to move around. Food is always served quickly, even under crowed conditions.

To order, jump in line and order at the counter. They have a big tip jar by the register and the service is the same, tip or no tip, but the guys deserve it. They work their butts off and it seems like they are always the same guys. If you want to sit outside, try to choose a table number and an alternate choice before going in. It might or might not work but if it is available when you order, that table is yours.

I enjoy the halibut fish and chips. My wife loves the swordfish tacos. The menu (printed or on the blackboard) is so varied, you will find something you like. Watch for specials at the counter. They sell fresh (uncooked) fish too.

1  Thank Ray H
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We ate there tonight! Great meal! I had the Cajun Sea Bass and my wife had the Scallops. We also had a Calamari appetizer. Everything was excellent! The place is hard to find - remember it is next to a Trader Joe's. A bit expensive.

1  Thank JimW551