“Most delicious pasta ever!”

La Spiga Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #27 of 273 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: High end Italian, large herb, vegetable gardens, fruit trees, mountain views, huge patio, 4 gazeboes for private dining for different size of parties. Mostly organic, hormone free antibiotic free meats. All sauces made on site, no soup bases, no preservatives. Family owned, owner/Chef born in Italy, wife front of the house also born in Italy.
Hollywood, South Carolina
“Most delicious pasta ever!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

It was our first time to this area & found this fancy looking restaurant! The place is not too busy and staff are friendly! It is a little pricey but it is worth it! I have never tasted a pasta like this before. I ordered the linguini mariatanni, its a seafood pasta. It has a nicely cooked tiger prawns & tender scallops. The sauce & cheese is divine! No need to add salt or pepper!! I hope I can find another restaurant like this. I will definitely come back to this restaurant in the future.

• Visited June 2013

Denver, Colorado
“Yummo!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

That's Italian for delicious! We had a great experience on the patio at La Spiga. We started with the burrata salad, followed by calamari. For dinner we split the penne with sausage and the veal scallopini with mushrooms! Definitely a must do for dinner in Palm Springs!

Visited May 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Food was exceptional with terrible service”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

From the moment the six of us were seated the service was terrible. We were seated for nearly 15 minutes with no water. We had brought our own wines and champagne. Finally the maitre d asked if we had been serviced and when we said no he asked what he could do. We ordered water, a champagne bucket and a request to open the wine. To make a long story short the rest of the evening was much of the same. While this group loves long slow dinners, we still expect service. Too bad the food is so good cause that makes me want to go back in spite of the service.

• Visited April 2013
“Two visits in two nights”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

My first night was for business. The waiter was very friendly and down to earth. He definitely had favorite selections on the menu and wasn't shy helping us choose. When we were hesitant on what wine to order, he had the sommelier visit us. The sommelier helped us choose a very fine selection. He didn't steer towards the high priced wine, just the good ones. Everyone commented on how fine their meals were. We were not rushed at all and given plenty of time between courses to enjoy conversation.

I liked the meal so much, I took my family the second night. I was worried that bringing a three year old to La Spiga might not be appreciated or even frowned upon, but we were taken well care of! And for the second night, the food was incredible!

Visited April 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“One of the best in the valley!!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

La Spiga Ristorante in Palm Desert is one of the best in the valley.
Make it a priority stop while in the area.
What a wonderful setting! Make sure you get there before dark to enjoy the view.
And, sit on the patio. The food and service were wonderful.
Loved my pasta bolognese; my husband loved the veal.
One word of advice -- find out how to get to the restaurant, A little tricky in the dark.
It is the turn at the museum off of Highway 111.

• Visited April 2013