“Excellent Food and Ambience”

La Spiga Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #23 of 275 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: High end Italian, large herb, vegetable gardens, fruit trees, mountain views, huge patio, 4 gazeboes for private dining for different size of parties. Mostly organic, hormone free antibiotic free meats. All sauces made on site, no soup bases, no preservatives. Family owned, owner/Chef born in Italy, wife front of the house also born in Italy.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Every single item was excellent I have been here twice in one month.
The service was also superb Michael waited on us the second time.
Veal, Seafood and steak all delicious. Come early so you have time to enjoy the views.

There are newer reviews for La Spiga Ristorante Italiano

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Returned again on this vacation to this beautiful setting. The gardens outside offer an incredible setting. The menu offers delicious choices: salmon, rack of lamb and pasta dishes were all tasty. The menu offers wonderful wines. Serving staff is excellent and everyone is warmly welcomed.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I dined here this past weekend. Two of our friends who have homes in the area recommended this restaurant, so we wanted to give it a try. We're so glad we did! We were able to dine outside, and it was so incredibly lovely! The rose garden, the herb garden, flowering trees, the views of the mountain, the special gazebos - it was a treat for the senses. And I agree wholeheartedly with another reviewer; I had the heirloom tomato and burrata appetizer, and it was to die for. I grow my own tomatoes, I have had hundreds of tomato salads, and it was quite possibly the best I'd ever had. I'd return just to have it again! My entree, the osso buco special, was delicious as well. We thought the menu was great. The service was excellent, despite the restaurant being very crowded. We were surprised by the extent of the outside seating, many tables, but not on top of one another - what a beautifully designed space. While we preferred the outdoor space, we lingered a bit inside on our way out, and it was lovely as well. Don't miss this one - great food, service and ambiance!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Lovely views of the mountain, a gorgeous patio setting and excellent food. If you go for nothing else, have the Burrata and heirloom tomato appetizer...it alone is worth a visit! Food and service is excellent.

1  Thank RobinH382
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Some dining experiences include wonderful surprises, as was our experience enjoying dinner and sunset on the beautiful open patio of La Spigna. The restaurant grows their own herbs along the border of the patio, proving a wonderful aroma to the experience. The atmosphere deserves 10 stars. The Italian cuisine is both very authentic and innovative at the same time, with my lack of any skill with the language a minor inconvenience. Visit on a warm evening, reserve early for a patio table, and be prepared to relax and enjoy.