“Great food, great service, minor issues”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Casey's Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Casey's Restaurant & Lounge
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
California
“Great food, great service, minor issues”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We celebrated a birthday here on a Saturday evening. When we walked in the bar was very busy, and the patrons were shouting to shut the door. When we were seated in the dining room the noise level was a little bit better. Our server was fantastic, she was very attentive, and made great suggestions about the menu. We had two pasta dishes, which were very generous and reported as very tasty. We also had a chicken fried steak, which came with mashed potatoes and gravy, it was huge. It covered the plate, and was also reported as very good. Another person ordered the prime rib, and it was a very generous cut and came with a baked potato. It was cooked perfectly and was very tender. The birthday girl ordered a chicken sandwich and french fries, it was very large and reported as very good. Now we come to my meal - my expectations were high considering the meals delivered to neighboring tables while we waited, and the size of the portions observed on those plates and the plates of my companions. I ordered chicken piccata, and upon the recommendation I chose the potato pancakes as my side. When my dish was set before me, I had 4 bite size medallions of chicken breast, maybe 5-6 ounces total, in the sauce. I had three silver dollar size potato pancakes. My husband looked at my plate and said "What happened?" Then promptly offered to give me some of his pasta. What I did have on my plate was tasty, it just wasn't what I would consider an adult meal and was at least half the size of the other meals at the table if not less. All of the meals with the exception of the sandwich came with soup or salad, and the soup (tomato blue cheese) was fantastic. The rolls were hot and crusty, and they kept the bread basket full. Other than the ridiculously small meal I had, the overall meal was positive. If you don't mind very loud golfers yelling across the restaurant and a constant high level of noise, the food is good.

• Visited June 2013

Anaheim, California
“Oldy but Goody!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

This place has been here forever and never changes. The food is good and the price is right. Drinks are generous. If you want to reduce the noise request a both in the "quieter area" when you make a reservation, and reservations are must during the season.

Visited April 2013
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a great, low key restaurant. It's casual but still has table cloths. Great home-style food and good, friendly service. If you're looking for comfort, this is your place.

• Visited March 2013
Indio, California
“Great Food, Service and Prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Had dinner here and loved it. The food was very plentiful and delicious. Wine selection was good. They had music that night which was good to dance to or just listen to. I could not believe the reasonable prices which were phenomenal in these times. Happy Hour was good also. A great place to go for the food and the friendly people. A must go back soon.

• Visited December 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great New Years Eve Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We went to this restaurant with three local couples to celebrate New Years. They had a special menu and scheduled settings. Most items were steak or fish. The service was very good. The food was very good. Bar service was reasonably priced. The wine selection wasn't great but it was ok. Not overpriced for mediocre wines.

We were very pleased with this special event. We weren't rushed. I have some diet issues and the waiter handled them in an excellent fashion with the chef. I would go back.

• Visited January 2013