“Great Pho in the desert!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pho Vu

Pho Vu
Ranked #53 of 272 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
so. cal
“Great Pho in the desert!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is the best Vietnamese restaurant in the valley. This is there second location, and in my opinion it is just as good if not better than there first spot. Definitely try the Pho, obviously! I like the #22. It's rare beef and tendon, not the most common for American palates. Though it should be , because the flavor is simply delicious. Another must try is the Bun Tit Nun(probably misspelled that, but just ask and they will know what you mean). It is a salad like entree with rice noodles, BBQ pork, lettuce and herbs with a delicious sauce to mix in. Trust me, one try and you will be hooked! See you there.

• Visited December 2013

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Pho in Palm Desert!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I'm so happy there is finally a place to get Vietnamese food in the Palm Desert/Rancho Mirage area! I ordered take out and it was very quick and packaged really well (see photos). It also came with a lot of really quality items, i.e. mint, basil, lettuce, cilantro, etc... I ordered the Cha Gio (crispy eggrolls) and Pho Tai (beef), both were good. They serve beer but I wish they had a bar.

• Visited November 2013
North Carolina & California
“Vietnamese Food In The Desert?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were very surprised finding a good Vietnamese restaurant in the desert. Not being from the area, first I want to say that Pho Vu is very easy to find. It's one block off the freeway. The overall ambience is pleasant, clean and relatively quiet. We arrived at about 5:00 to find the dinner crowd filling about half the large dining room but more people streamed in while we ate. The food was quite good. The menu offered all the standard dishes you'd expect to find at a good Vietnamese eatery. We ordered the BBQ Pork Summer Rolls, a Shrimp/Apple salad and the #11 Pho. The Summer Roll appetizer was very good. The rice paper rolls were filled with a good amount of delicious BBQ pork, rice noodles, and lettece but sadly no herbs (basil or cilantro). The Shrimp/Apple salad arrived minus the apples (which appeared promptly when requested). The Pho was steamy hot and filled with 4 kinds of meat and a good helping of rice noodles. The broth was excellent! My only complaint is that the usual "add-ins" (bean spouts, basil, lime wedges, etc.) were not included. The waite staff (all nice young men) were very polite and efficient. They were eager to satisfy, perhaps a little to eager, as dishes were whisked away as soon as it appeared we were through. But overall, the service was very good and the food, save the little omissions, was delicious.

• Visited November 2013
“OMG!!! DRY PHO!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I love the new location. It is close to where I work. It is clean with great service too. I was told about the dry Pho. Everything but the Broth. It is served with a chili lime vinegar dressing that is really tasty. A mix of sweet & spicy. I asked for extra cilantro. It recommend Dry Pho, went you sorta want a salad type lunch vs soup. See my photo.

• Visited October 2013
Dunwoody, Georgia
“Pho Vu, Sooo Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I were VERY happy to see a Pho Vu restaurant open closer to home. I believe this has the same owners as the one in La Quinta.

Even though the ambiance is not Vietnamese, we liked the clean appearance, besides you can’t Eat ambiance, we’re there for the food!

One thing lacking in this restaurant are the flies that seem to love the La Quinta place. Phew, no more swatting at winged creatures while we ate.

We feasted on appetizers of spring rolls and egg rolls. My main meal was a noodle dish with vegetables, beef, chicken and shrimp. My hubby enjoyed his Beef pho vu (soup). Everything was tasty and satisfying.

All members of the staff were friendly and the service was prompt. We will certainly visit This Pho Vu for a weekly meal

• Visited August 2013