“Nice service and good food”

Sammy's Woodfired Pizza & Grill
Ranked #69 of 272 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: American, Lebanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Nice service and good food”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

pizza is great, chinese chicken salad okay,shoulda ordered the other salad. the thai shrimp pizza and garlic chicken pizza was delicious, skirt steak very good. We went on memorial day weekend at 1:00pm so it was surprisingly a bit quiet and got seated right away--which was great for us. Tommy Bahamas was half hour wait so glad we tried sammys!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank sally88

Calgary
“Great pizza!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just stopped for a quick bite so we shared a pizza on the patio. It was good pizza. I am a pizza fanatic and like all kinds (unless it's soggy...siiiick!). This was on the thinner side but not too thin. It was crispy still crispy and more a dry baked crust but not popcorn fart dry :-)
Tasty sauce, enough cheese and toppings etc. Service was excellent.
We would definitely go back. Like my husband has a choice...I love pizza!!

Visited April 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Nothing special but it was close and we were hungry.”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

After a long shopping excursion in Anthropology my husband was starving and this was the first restaurant we fell upon. We were seated quickly and ordered the pork dumplings for an appetizer which were the best part of the meal. My husbands chicken & hummus wrap was average and my oriental chicken salad was wilted and lacked flavour. Overall this meal was VERY AVERAGE, don't expect to be wowed.

Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Oasis for weary shoppers; beware of the sloppy chocolate sundae”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We saw the sprinklers from a distant and asked to sit under the patio's mister; shopping in the mid-day sun on Paseo Drive can be hazardous to your health, and Sammy's second floor restaurant, tucked in the corner of a mall, was a welcome oasis. Every dish ordered was shared; we were aiming for tasty salads and light fare. All was perfect until I remarked that the lettuce was limp and wilted. Sorry, said the gracious waiter; I will bring you a desert on the house. What appeared was beyond decadent and more dangerous than the afternoon sun. I think it was called Sloppy Chocolate Sundae, and it was. There goes our light lunch.

Visited March 2013
Indio, California
“Tappa's”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had a wonderful happy hour experience. Nice class of red wine and duck tacos,fries, and chicken satay. Happy hour is only on the patio and bar. We sat ourside and had a perfect eve. The service was great. We did order their messy sundae. I would pass on that next time. Nine dollars for a sundae we thought a bit pricey--even if we did share it.
I went with another women friend the portions were perfect for us to share. If my husband had been there he would have wanted more food. I also love their salad's on the dinner menue.

• Visited March 2013