“Great food and atmosphere!”

Cafe Des Beaux-arts
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Des Beaux-arts is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 289 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Larkspur
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had lunch here one afternoon after shopping; duck confit salad. It was excellent. I ate at the bar. A couple weeks later I brought our friends here. I had escargot and duck. It was excellent. My friends had coquille st Jacques, seafood with salad as an appetizer, linguini with clam sauce, also excellent. The only complaint was my husband's quail. We asked the waiter about the sauce and he said it was a cabernet sauce. When it arrived it was very black and the stuffing had a strange taste. We had lovely deserts. By the way, the drinks were large and filled to the top; martinis and manhattans and a parisian. We sat in the patio. We would definitely go back again. Prices were fairly reasonable for the location as well.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

No one does poached salmon like this place. Always a fun atmosphere and great service. The owners are lovely people who care that you had a great experience. On the corner on palm deserts busy shopping street and open air its a wondeful people watching place. And usually there are models showing local fashion. So- dont miss ining at this restaurant. Its one i never miss on every visit n

Reviewed March 28, 2013

A warm & inviting location on trendy El Paseo. Outdoor dining at it's best. A varied menu of traditional French dishes. Good wine selection. The food was outstanding & the service was measured, not rushed. A wonderful dining experience suitable for many different occasions.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We got there a little before 2:00 and we got the only table available. The cafe is open air which was very pleasant. Many of the people seemed to be regulars, very happy mood throughout the restaurant. Even a lady walking around to show local fashions. My wife had avacado and tuna salad and I had tuna and avacado sandwich on a crosaint, we enjoyed both our meals. Great service and a wonderful time.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I spend a few days in Palm Springs every Spring and our #1 favorite restaurant ( and there are hundreds in the area) is Cafe des Beaux-Arts. Why? Mainly because I am a total Francophile and this place is as close to eating in Paris I can get without a 12 hour plane flight. The food is typically French bistro with a menu that will have you wanting to order everything. Soups, salads, sandwiches and crepes for lunch along with specialty entrees, and dinner is a never ending assortment of anything French, such as Duck a l'Orange, Coquille St. Jacque, Stuffed Quail, FIlet Mignon, and Rack of Lamb. Everything is wonderfully prepared and beautifully presented in a Champs Ellysee sidewalk cafe atmosphere. Outdoor dining in warm weather, and a lively bar with entertainment most nights. Reservations are a must, especially on weekends in high season. Breakfast on weekends and lunch daily. Also a good selection of "Light Dinners" is available. Don't miss this great little piece of Europe if you are in the area, believe me, you will be back over and over!