“very nice!”

Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #8 of 280 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: El Paseo & Larkspur Lane. El Paseo Courtesy Cart available for free transportation to the shops along the paseo.
Description: Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.com
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The food was tasty and different from your standard chain restaurant fare. A little more pricey, but hey, that's El Paseo! The patio is lovely and there was live music (steel pan drums I think) which lends itself to the island feel. We had the jerk chicken and the braised short ribs. Creamed cauliflower and grilled brussels are delish! We would go back.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Four of us went for dinner maybe expecting that the restaurant would trade on its name. We were wrong; it traded on good food, friendly and efficient service, and a great patio. Sitting on the patio on a balmy evening drinking Palomas (Mojitos made with tequila) was a great start. Bruce, our wait person, was exceptionally friendly and efficient and had an outstanding knowledge of the menu. All of his recommendations; the ahi poke, jerk tenderloin, salmon; and chicken were obviously prepared from the freshest ingredients, cooked to perfection and artfully presented. The servings were of good size and, disappointingly, left no room for deserts that looked diet destroying. At about $50 a head, including two drinks, it is not inexpensive. Yet, one tends to get what one pays for and we came away feeling that we really had great value.

2  Thank 22club58
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We always enjoy lunch on the patio while in palm dessert ... Great relaxing atmosphere, good food and drinks and attentive service... Shopping downstairs is fun too!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was with a group of girls shopping on El Paseo, when we decided to give Tommy Bahama's a try. I was not expecting much, when I hear Tommy Bahama's, I think of middle aged men in bad shirts. I was very surprised that the food was so tasty. I ordered the grilled artichokes for a appetizer and the blackened fish tacos for lunch. Both were delicious. All the girls kept saying how good their selection was, we ended up picking off each other's plates. Everything was great from the moment we sat down and started with the warm bread and sweet butter to the sweet plantains for desert. We sat outside on the patio which was very nice. It was shaded with misters. It was very crowded at lunch time, but the service was still great. I will definitely visit again while in the Palm Desert area.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Met my cousins there for lunch while they were visiting the desert.
Of course it is always fun to be on El Paseo for any reason, lunch was a perfect excuse!
The weather was perfect for eating outside, we chose family style over our own table for the sake of time. Convivial chatter is always a plus for me!
I opted for a burger which was delicious and generously dressed.
My two cousins chose a tuna and a shrimp dish respectively~ the both raved about them!
No dessert but a little shopping at Tommy's was a fun touch! I was then treated to a tour of Big Horn Country Club~