“Met Expectations”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #69 of 272 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Juan Capistrano
“Met Expectations”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Can typically depend on a good experience at Outback restaurants. This location was very busy and service was good, however, steak was a bit tough. Overall satisfactory but nothin g really stands out.

Visited December 2012

Cathedral city
“Can't go wrong for a great steak, salad and sides!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

This place is one of our favs! We always walk out happy with not only the food but the service too! Weve noticed that the Manager constantly walks around greeting customers and assisting the servers...that's how you separate good from great!
Highly recommend the chopped blue cheese salad and their filet mignon!

• Visited November 2012
Rancho Mirage
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Early Hours”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We decided to try new early Sunday hrs for a family Birthday meal.It seemed like they were under staffed as it took a long time before our salads came and longer beefore our main meal came.Since some of the orders were hot and some warm and cool we assumend they were short of cooks.Not the usual great food and service we normally get at OUTBACK!!

• Visited November 2012
Indio, California
“Service is only fair”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Food is the same as other Outbacks, but you have to remind the servers several times (and this has happened to us more than once) about refills and if you requested an extra sauce (such as horseradish). One time the server brought out my horseradish about the time I was done with my prime rib - and another time we had to beg for the check because they never brought it. Even if you go early - dinner here takes longer than you expect.

Visited May 2012
lake district
“Super chuck”
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

My family recently holidayed in rancho mirage and my husband spotted this restaurant one evening and said how he'd enjoyed food at the chain whilst working abroad. So we decided to eat there and although it was late they were still quite busy. I had plain boring chicken whilst everyone else had varying steaks. As part of the deal they also had salads to start which I "tested" and can verify they were delicious! My chicken was superb and possibly the best I've had and was a huge portion which regretfully I couldn't quite finish. The steaks all went down very well and although much bravado about who was going to have desert no one was able to honour! The waitress was very enthusiastic and advised my children about the menus and also kept us all well supplied with drinks. It was well priced and excellent quality.