“Mastro's Palm Springs”

Mastro's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Mastro's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 280 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great steaks some of the best we have had BUT noise level was unacceptable ! Couldn't talk to the person across the table so much noise from band & crowd. For these prices I expect more . Service was minimal. Complained to no avail. Won't go back or suggest to people. They should do something as others have complained about the noise.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The food is served in a dark room so you need a flashlight to see the menu or what you are eating. While the food was good the service was mechanical and did not inspire.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

For an evening of fine dining in the desert. This is the place to go!! Loud bustling restaurant that's full of laughter and fun. The food was amazing. It's the best Chilean Sea Bass I ever ate. Don't forget to order the Lobster Mashed Potatoes or the Spicy tuna tortilla...so good!!

2  Thank Lynda R
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Recently hosted a large dinner (13 of us) at the Mastro's in Palm Desert. This is the 3rd Mastro's I've been to and they never fail to impress. It's a dining experience. Everyone raved about the food. Thanks to Kelly and the staff for making this a memorable evening for our group!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We tried Mastro's recently to celebrate my mom's birthday. We loved the food and would definitely return. Every detail of the food was perfect and delicious, especially the steaks! The steaks arriving sizzling and are finished with butter... we tried a few sides are were not disappointed. The wine list had some nice selections and we even found one from a Paso Robles winery that is one of our favorites. Sincemae were celebrating my moms birthday, they brought a complimentary slie of 5 layer chocolate cake... it was to die for. nd who doesn't love getting a special treat on their birthday? It was such a large slice, she let me have a few bites - lucky me! From a pricing perspective, it falls into more of a special occassion category for us. The service was very personal and nicely orchestrated. Our server was a true professional and was very conversational - we never felt rushed.
The only drawbacks were: 1)We found the ambiance of the dining room very plain - basically a windowless box that had little ambaince really, and 2) It is very noisy (we went on a Saturday night). For those with hearing difficulties it is a challenge to hold a converation.
Frankly, these are both minor points and I still highly recommend this restaurant!!
I don't recommend this restaurant for children.