“Hampton Inn Does It Again”

Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
La Jolla, United States
“Hampton Inn Does It Again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Very difficult to beat Hampton Inns for quality of rooms, friendly staff, fitness facility, variety of breakfast and value. The location of this hotel is in the center of the Coachella Valley with easy access to the I-10 Freeway and many restaurants and golf courses closeby as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonPD, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Lou O,

Thank you for a fabulous trip advisor review. We greatly appreciate the information you've shared with us concerning your stay. We are thrilled that our hotel was everything you were expecting from a Hampton property. Comfortable rooms, friendly staff, a newly remodeled fitness facility, great breakfast and overall value.

We look forward to your future stays with us.

760-340-1001

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Kansas City, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

If you have an option, I would stay elsewhere.

The lobby area is nice. When I checked in, the front desk staff was decent, but certainly not over and above.

The room was below average for a Hampton, but not horrible. The towels, for example, were old and literally thread bare. You could see the mesh on the foot towel, it was so worn out. The room was decently clean, but smelled somewhat strange. The room had more of a Comfort Inn feel to it, with a nice bed spread.

Would I stay here again? Not for the price, if I had an option. It was $110 including tax. Most people may not notice, but I have stayed at enough Hampton Inn's to know when one is average, or better or worse. This was certainly below average.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JohnIR
HamptonPD, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear JohnIR,

Thank you for taking the time to to rate our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to share your comments with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered on your recent stay at our property.

The specific concerns you addressed are important details for us to take a closer look and make sure we are doing all that we can possibly do to improve our hotel and our guests' experience. You can be confident that I will personally make sure to do the necessary follow up with our housekeeping department to remove our older "threadbare towels" from our guest rooms. We are and have been in the process of renovating our hotel for quite some time. Our gym was recently finished and looks fabulous.

We value you as our guest and hopefully you will be able to give us another chance so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. We want our guests to have the best experience possible where every part of their stay is pleasant and comfortable. If you would like, please contact me next time you are in the area and I will personally make sure you have a pleasant stay with us.

Maria D. Banning
Palm Desert, California 92211
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

The staff at this hotel is so helpful and welcoming. They made our trip a pleasure. The room was very clean and comfortable. I read on-line that the HVAC can be noisy, but we didn't need to use it so can't say whether it would be or not. The breakfast staff in particular is wonderful. We'll stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Fussycathy,

Thank you for the glowing review on Trip advisor. We are happy to hear that not only is the staff "helpful and welcoming" but our rooms are "clean and comfortable!" (as it should be!) You can be confident I will share your comments with all of our staff members including the "wonderful" breakfast hostess! We look forward to your future stays with us!

REDONDO BEACH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Nice property with friendly staff, conveniently located close to freeway and decent restaurants within walking distance and Starbucks! Comfortable beds, I suggest a top floor room as you will hear if elephants are staying above you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Maria P.,

On behalf of everyone here at the Hampton "Thank You!" for a fabulous trip advisor review. We greatly appreciate the information you've shared with us concerning your stay. We are thrilled that our staff is friendly and you found our beds to be comfortable! We look forward to your future stays with us!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

hotel staff was very good walls vibrated causing sleepless night hotel in northern san diego was much better will try hampton inn again but not in palm desert i hope property manager will investigate wall vibration

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonPD, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I would like to sincerely apologize for the noise you encountered during your stay and it preventing you from getting a good night's sleep. I have followed up with our maintenance department to ensure the issue gets fixed.

I did speak with you during check out and hope I was able to resolve this issue for you. On a happier note I am glad you found our staff to be very "good."

We value you as our guest and hopefully you will be able to give us another chance so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. If you would like, please contact me next time you are in the area and I will personally make sure you have a pleasant stay with us.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Room is spacious and clean. The lighting is good. I have no complaint about water pressure. Free Wifi is quite fast. The bed is firm and nice but the pillows are way too soft for me.

The only major issue is their super loud wall A/C. Don't know how old this hotel is but I notice that all older hotels that have wall A/C, always have the same issues. Don't they ever check this? Maybe it's time to replace them even though they are still working. Cannot even hear the TV when the A/C is on. I'm a light sleeper and I have to turn off the A/C which I first set it on auto. Just way too loud for me.

Not sure if I will return because of the noisy and loud A/C.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank World Passport
Dear World Passport,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the information you've shared with us. I would like to apologize for the hotel not meeting your expectations regarding the ac unit in your room. The specific concerns you addressed are important details for us to take a closer look at and make sure we are doing all that we can possibly do to improve our hotel and our guests' experience.

We will be upgrading all of our ac units with newer, quieter ones in the upcoming months. We recently installed a test model and it is working out perfectly! .

Sherman Oaks, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I'm a Silver Hilton Honors member and I travel quite a bit and notice EVERYTHING. The first thing I noticed was that I wasn't even greeted with a hello, just "last name" was blurted out at me as I approached the front desk. When I told her my name, she said quickly "could it be under another name? Or maybe you should be down the street at the Homewood Suites?". Really? I don't think it's that complicated. The lobby was desolate. Surely she could see who was arriving today and cross reference it? Silly. After a few minutes, she found it. Quickly, but with no smile or warmth at all, we were on our way up to our room. Okay....

The lobby was clean, but the elevator was small and slow. Hallway had a musty smell. Our room was fine & clean. The shower had terrible water pressure and ran cold after about 5 minutes. Traveling alone with my young daughter for a wedding I wanted to feel safe. Overall, we did feel safe and that was most important.

The property feels REALLY far away from the bustle of E. Palm Canyon Drive, where the festivities were. We tried to stay at the Hilton in downtown P.S., but it was sold out. Got lost a few times driving back & forth. That was a drag.

I really wish, as with other properties, that the staff was more warm and fuzzy. The whole experience felt very cold & sterile. It's always nice to have a warm smile, even a handshake or a "can we do anything" type of remark to bring me back. Hotels are all about that little bit of 'above & beyond' hospitality to have return clientele.
I'm sorry to say this particular Hampton Inn is not one I'd return to.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank lexijewellmom
Dear lexjewelmom,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the information you've shared with us. I want to personally apologize for the hotel not meeting your expectations.

We are very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your check in experience. The specific details you mentioned are important for us to take a closer look at and you can be confident that I will personally make sure to follow up on your concerns so that others are not as disappointed as you were. I will speak to all of the front desk staff about greeting all of our guests with a warm friendly smile upon check in. I will also follow up on your maintenance issue regarding the water pressure in your bathroom.

I am happy to hear however, that you did feel safe in our hotel while traveling with your young daughter. The safety and security of our guests is imprtant to us.

Again, thank you for all your valuable feedback. It is greatly appreciated.

We value you as our guest and hopefully you will be able to give us another chance so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. If you would like please contact me next time you are in the area and I will personally make sure you have a pleasant stay with us.

769-340-1001