“Great customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Redding, California
“Great customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Typical Hampton Inn, clean, comfortable, and breakfast consistent with Hampton Inn. What wasn't typical was the customer service which from my experince was exceptional. We stayed the weekend of Coachella music festival although we did not attend the festival. The front desk clerk accommodated our change of rooms efficiently and displayed great customer service skills. The housekeeping staff had their hands full with a dust storm that caused sand to blow in through air conditioning vents and festival attendees who left some rooms trashed. The hotel was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: If there is a wind storm, stay on the south side and lower level room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
HamptonPD, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Ann B,

On behalf of the hotel and staff I would like to thank you for the glowing review on Trip Advisor!
It gives me great pleasure to know that my staff is providing exceptional customer service to our guests. I will be sure to share your comments about the cleanliness of the hotel with the housekeeping supervisor and staff as well!

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope you come back soon, because we love having you here. :-)

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I race cars, so I am at a track just about every weekend. I stay at Hampton Inn's monthly. Being that it was the weekend of Chochella and the rates were twice the price, but your staff accommodated me at the regular room rate since they did not sell out so I would not have to stay in my Tahoe at the track! Thank you Hampton Inn!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Dear Stephanie C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review for our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am happy we were able to accommodate you with a room at a reasonable rate during a busy weekend and I hope you won the race! It is our pleasure to do all we can to help our guests in every way possible!

Escondido, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Very pleasant stay, room was immaculate, fresh and comfortable. Great amenities. Best Continental Breakfast I've experienced and is one of my value points, when others give you coffee, cereal and fruit; Hampton offers a full breakfast from eggs to waffles. Worth trying if you haven't already.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Dear William H,

Hi! My name is Maria Banning and I am the Front Office Manager for the Hampton Inn and Suites! On behalf of the hotel, I can say that we truly are glad to hear the positive response and feedback from you! We are delighted that you were so pleased with the variety of our Complimentary breakfast items.

I will be sure to share your comments with the breakfast staff, they will be pleased to know they are doing a great job!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Nice, clean hotel with decent complimentary breakfast, but loooong drive to hike in Indian Canyon, dinner in Palm Springs, etc. Close to Desert Willow, an excellent public golf course. It turned out most of our activities were in Palm Springs, and this hotel is a 30 minute drive across the valley from PS

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Dear Gregory B,

Thank you for rating our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am pleased that the hotel met your expectations overall except concerning our distance from Palm Springs. I am so sorry our location was inconvenient for your weekend trip. We do have some local hiking destinations within a 5 minute drive as well as many fine restaurants and of course there are golf courses abundant in the area!

On your next visit to the valley, be sure to stop at the front desk and ask about all our local attractions. There are plenty to choose from!

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during the Indian Wells BNP Paribas Open Tennis Championship. We were familiar with Hampton Inn and Suites as this will be our 11th Hampton Inn stay in the U.S. This chain is always dependable for cleanliness, quietness, and efficiency of hotel staff. We were happy to find out that there was a Hampton Inn in Palm Desert, close to the event. With our busy weekend filled we enjoyed their morning breakfast which always included choices of eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, bagels, fruit, "robust" coffee,my favorite, and other self serve items that they are known for. It makes it easy to "eat and run."

The room was clean although older looking in appearance. They supplied us with a password for Wi-fi which my husband utilized. Bathroom was clean and at one point, I requested extra towels which housekeeping arrived within 10 minutes. We were a little disappointed to find out that there were no glasses in the room near the ice bucket, only paper cups. And I'm familiar that this chain has a blow dryer in their bathrooms, but no makeup mirror so I was careful to bring one. The bed was comfortable. We never watched TV, so cannot review it.

Parking is self parking which we expected and that is fine with us as the property is small. 3 stories. We are also used to getting our own luggage carrier that the hotel provides and we find it quicker for us to take our own luggage to our room. If it were a large "resort" hotel, a bellman would be needed. This was not the case.

The reason I gave this hotel only 3 stars is that the air conditioning in the room, which did work when temperatures reached 93 that weekend in Palm Desert was extremely noisy every time it came on. This happened quite often.It is a wall unit located near the bed, and it kept us from getting a decent nights sleep. We would have complained but unfortunately not only did we not have the time, this hotel was solidly booked for that weekend and we were sure there would be no extra rooms available. We may still contact this hotel to find out if this is a problem with all the rooms, or was it just ours? This would be important information for us as we will be attending this event again next year in 2014 and it would be helpful in making our selection of hotel stay.

All in all, the price for that weekend was very reasonable. It's just that we have stayed at nicer looking Hampton Inn and Suites with air conditioning units that were much quieter.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
HamptonPD, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to to rate our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the information you've shared with us. I am happy our hotel and staff were able to meet many of your expectations however I would like to apologize for the noisy air conditoning unit in your room.

The specific concerns you addressed are important details for us to take a closer look and make sure we are doing all that we can possibly do to improve our hotel and our guests' experience. You can be confident that I will personally make sure to do the necessary follow up to improve the noise level of our units. We want our guests to have the best experience possible where every part of their stay is pleasant and comfortable.

We value you as our guest and hopefully you will be able to give us another chance so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. If you would like, please contact me next time you are in the area and I will personally make sure you have a pleasant stay with us.

Pacific Grove, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We received a warm welcome at check-in, had a clean and comfortable room, great breakfast with an excellent breakfast attendant who made sure we had everything we needed. My one minor complaint is that the WiFi signal is lousy in the room, but worked OK in the lobby. We'll come back here for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RickThePick,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the information you've shared with us and are glad to know that our hotel and staff met most of your expectations. I sincerely apologize for the WIFI connectivity issues you encountered during your stay. We are currently in the process of upgrading our system as well as switching providers.

Again, we appreciate the information you've shared with us and please let me know if you need anything during your future stays with us.

Glastonbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was a great hotel to stay in. We stayed in a suite and the room was large. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was very clean, and the breakfasts were good. The price was reasonable for the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear CathleenC,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the information you've shared with us and we are glad to know that our hotel and staff met all of your expectations. Please let me know if you need anything during your future stays with us.