WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was a great hotel to stay in. We stayed in a suite and the room was large. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was very clean, and the breakfasts were good. The price was reasonable for the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonPD, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear CathleenC,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the information you've shared with us and we are glad to know that our hotel and staff met all of your expectations. Please let me know if you need anything during your future stays with us.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope you come back soon, because we love having you here.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Due to a family emergency, I needed a hotel room for one night near Indio, CA. Apparently they are hard to come by at the last minute. Understanding beggars can't be choosers, I booked the Hampton for $189 for one night. I booked through Orbitz which gave me the best rate and I booked a king room. My husband and I arrived somewhat late, around 9:30pm, after visiting with our ill family member in Indio. Upon entering our room, we were dismayed to discover we were given 2 double beds instead of one king. The young man on duty told me that was the last available room and he could not move me. When I explained that I simply wanted the room I had booked, or some money refunded, he instructed me I had to call Orbitz because Orbitz did not specify a king room. He stated there was no manager on duty because she had left for the day. The next morning I Spoke with the manager who was very kind and she apologized for the mixup. However she reiterated the Hampton was not responsible and I had to deal with Orbitz. Although this was not the end of the world by any means, it was annoying. Also the shower head was strange at this Hampton- it was a handheld unit and would not stay put. Extremely difficult to take a shower. Beds were definitely NOT the usual Hampton beds - which we love...these were hard!

Breakfast was good, as Hampton continentals usually are. Enjoyed the healthy options such as yogurt and oatmeal.

I still appreciate Hampton Inns for being quality hotels in my price range, but not sure I'll stay at this particular one again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Stickie29,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the information you've shared with us. I want to personally apologize for the error made in the booking of your reservations. All third party booking sites have the ability to make reservations directly through our central booking system. At the hotel level we do not alter them in any way because they are prepaid and to change them generally would incur a rate diference. In regards to the showerhead, not only were you reserved a Double Queen room but it was also handicapped, thus the difficult handheld showerhead you encountered. I do remember speaking with you and I apologize again for not being able to help you with your issue.

If you are in the area again, please contact me directly and I will personally make sure you have a pleasant stay with us!

We want our guests to have the best experience possible where every part of their stay is pleasant and comfortable.

Hampton Inn and Suites
Palm Desert, Ca 92211
760-340-1001
seattle, wa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn for a 5 day conference (at the JW marriott), mostly because it was a good price and I am a hilton honors member. The hotel is pretty new and is clean, quiet and comfortable, so I was happy to stay here. It's also near the highway, so you can avoid some of the worse traffic spots in the area.

Unfortunately, the WIFI is excruciatingly slow, which makes it impossible to do work if you need to send / receive emails or use the web. It's enough of a problem that I might not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Andy C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am happy our hotel and staff met many of your expectations, however I would like to personally apologize for the Wifi connectivity issues you had during your stay.

We are currently in the process of upgrading our system and switching providers. We do not forsee having any internet issues in the future once all these upgrades are complete.

We value you as our guest and hopefully you will be able to give us another chance so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. If you would like, please contact me next time you are in the area and I will personally make sure you have a pleasant stay with us.

Again, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites because we love having you here!

Chino Hills, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stay at this Hampton Inn often on business trips. The staff is always pleasant and helpful. The entrance and lobby are always well-maintained and inviting. Even though it is near the freeway, it is very quiet and feels quite secure. If you don't have time to take advantage of the hot breakfast, they even provide a "brown bag" breakfast to take with you. The rooms are clean and comfortable and they have good internet service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Linda H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the information you've shared with us and we are delighted that our hotel and staff met all of your expectations.

Please let me know if you need anything during your future stays with us.

Sonoma, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is an average Hampton Inn, with friendly and helpful staff. It is close to Interstate I10 without the traffic noise and a long drive to downtown Palm Desert and Palm Springs.
We stayed on a weekend with a major event in downtown Palm Springs. The price was high so you receive a real undervalue deal.

Room Tip: Bathrooms have an air blast flushing system, so its difficult to get a quiet room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Oakland, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have stayed at many Hampton Inns, but this one didn't meet their usual standards. The breakfast area was not well maintained (one table, which had sugar poured all over the top of it, was not cleaned up during the 25-30 mins we were there during breakfast). And there was a tip basket in the breakfast area, which I've never seen at any Hampton Inn. I had to get a "do not disturb" sign from housekeeping. There were no water bottles in the room and none available for purchase in the lobby vending machine. The front desk often was not attended. Property is well situated but management needs to pay more attention to the details.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NorCal94612
HamptonPD, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the information you've shared with us. I want to personally apologize for the hotel not meeting your expectations.
We are very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the breakfast experience. The specific details you mentioned are important for us to take a closer look at and you can be confident that I will personally make sure to follow up on your concerns so that others are not as disappointed as you were. I will also be sure to address the issue you experienced with our vending machines and make sure that they and the suite shop are stocked at all times. You can be confident that I will speak to all of the front desk staff as well about remaining at the front desk, unless called away by a guest.

Again, thank you for all your valuable feedback. It is greatly appreciated.

We value you as our guest and hopefully you will be able to give us another chance so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. If you would like please contact me next time you are in the area and I will personally make sure you have a pleasant stay with us.

Maria D Banning
Hampton Inn and Suites
Palm Desert, CA 92211
769-340-1001
Apple Valley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a great hotel with easy access from I-10 freeway in Palm Desert/Palm Springs area. Staff is very friendly and courteous, as well as knowledgable. Exterior is very clean and presentable as well as the entrance to the hotel. The interior is very spacious and the breakfast bar area is very inviting and roomy. The breakfast bar has a very easy accessible area for both weekend travelers as well as business travelers. I have stayed at several Hamptons and would consider this one of the better one's. The rooms are very clean and the staff appears to tend to needs and inquiries very quickly. Check-in and check-out process was flawless. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms on east side are a little quieter when the wind is coming in from the west.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business