“I was skeptical.....”

Cuisines: Mexican
Salem, Oregon, United States
“I was skeptical.....”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband picks some less than on the mark restaurants but he has a hit with El Rodeo! I had the vegetable breakfast burrito, he the pork carnitas. Both were clearly freshly made and very authentic. I would go back in a heartbeat (as it is clear the local folks do!)

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Pegzilla

california
“Best Mexican in Palm Desert...or maybe in the entire Coachella Valley!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I were in PD for a few days and wanted to find the best place for Mexican food (breakfast / lunch).
Our first stop was El Rodeo based on Yelp reviews. We thought it was excellent (husband had El Rodeo omelet and I had a crunchy taco and bean tostada), but wanted to try other places "just to make sure that this is the place". So we tried two other places, and they could not compare to El Rodeo.
We went back today for more yummy goodness and shared the shrimp & cheese stuffed yellow chilies which were really good. My husband had a different omelet. I had (OMG) the chile verde burrito - the BEST EVER. I am a huge verde fan (even make my own) and this was hands down the BEST CHILE VERDE EVER!!!
The place is really clean.
The server is really nice.
A keeper for us!

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank longbeachCalifornia
Boise
“Hole in the Wall of Deliciousness”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This Mexican cafe was one of the nice positive surpises from our recent trip to Palm Desert. Very basic and tradutional food. The mole was stupendous, great rellenos and a hambra. Nice pico diGallo. In an area full of solid Mexican dining this one stands out for the freshness of its food and the nice compllex flavours. We vote yes

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank TomBoonen
“Fresh, authentic, great food.”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Easy to overlook this little gem, but don't miss it if you want authentic cuisine and fast friendly service. The salsa verde with my Chilequilles con Pollo was the best I've experienced ever! My dining partners all loved their choices as well. This place was a real treat.

2 Thank dosTravel
Montreal, Canada
“This place is the REAL DEAL!!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

I was recently in Palm Desert for a conference. We ate at many beautiful restaurants. I asked a salesperson at the Apple Store for an authentic Mexican spot. Without hesitation she said, " El Rodeo". What a find! I just loved this place filled with "real people" in a very fancy town. The waitress was so warm and welcoming to me. She took lots of time to explain the menu to a northerner like me. I had a wonderful meal and chatted easily with all the diners. Everything was so fresh and delicious. The portions are huge and most diners took home doggie bags. Try this place if you are in the neighbourhood!! It's a real find.

1 Thank maimogirl