“Hole in the Wall of Deliciousness”
Review of El Rodeo Cafe

El Rodeo Cafe
Ranked #71 of 272 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Mexican
Boise
“Hole in the Wall of Deliciousness”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This Mexican cafe was one of the nice positive surpises from our recent trip to Palm Desert. Very basic and tradutional food. The mole was stupendous, great rellenos and a hambra. Nice pico diGallo. In an area full of solid Mexican dining this one stands out for the freshness of its food and the nice compllex flavours. We vote yes

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank TomBoonen

“Fresh, authentic, great food.”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Easy to overlook this little gem, but don't miss it if you want authentic cuisine and fast friendly service. The salsa verde with my Chilequilles con Pollo was the best I've experienced ever! My dining partners all loved their choices as well. This place was a real treat.

2 Thank dosTravel
Montreal, Canada
“This place is the REAL DEAL!!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

I was recently in Palm Desert for a conference. We ate at many beautiful restaurants. I asked a salesperson at the Apple Store for an authentic Mexican spot. Without hesitation she said, " El Rodeo". What a find! I just loved this place filled with "real people" in a very fancy town. The waitress was so warm and welcoming to me. She took lots of time to explain the menu to a northerner like me. I had a wonderful meal and chatted easily with all the diners. Everything was so fresh and delicious. The portions are huge and most diners took home doggie bags. Try this place if you are in the neighbourhood!! It's a real find.

1 Thank maimogirl
los angeles, ca
“Delicious Chilaquiles!”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Discovered this wonderful cafe in Palm Desert just off Highway 111 on a trip in March. Their chilaquiles are one of their specialties and never having had this dish I had to try them...what a wonderful experience! Their chilaquiles definitely have kick to them but they are delicious - I had mine with chicken. I tried their enchiladas, guacamole and tortilla soup, all excellent. The staff is friendly and helpful and their prices are very reasonable. I visited El Rodeo three times during my week in the desert. Will be sure to visit again when I am in the area!

• Visited May 2012