First, the internet:
Down when we got there. (I could ping the router but that was it). I eventually went down to the front desk to ask if they knew about this: no. (Meaning: no ping test or other minimal monitoring to see if it was up or not). They apparently did call somebody who rebooted a router or something ... and it eventually did come up ... but was too slow to be at all useful! Ad says "high-speed internet in every room" Ha! They did have internet in the lobby, which is where I booked my replacement hotel!
Second: the TV. New flat-screen. Acted only as a radio; the screen didn't work. I guess it could have been some multimedia setup that was misconfigured and futzed around with that, but no good.
Third: deferred maintenance in general:
(1) The sliding screen door came off in my wife's hand when she tried to open it.
(2) The bathroom sink was not grouted in place and wiggled, allowing some little insects to infiltrate ...
We left after 1.5 days of our prepaid stay. I'm going to try and get a half refund from booking.com ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose this pet-friendly Coachella Valley hotel located centrally in Palm Desert close to Indian Wells Tennis Gardens, PGA WEST golf course, and Joshua Tree National Park.Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Palm Desert Resort where guests can expect a friendly and knowledgeable staff, clean guest rooms with outdoor patios or balconies and a hot cooked to order breakfast. The hotel is situated in the heart of Palm Desert close to Highway 111 and minutes from Interstate 10.Enjoy the view from one of our 130 guest rooms or 22 suites with cable television with HBO and complimentary high speed internet access. Relax in the heated pool and spa with outdoor cooling mist system. Additional amenities include 2 tennis courts, exercise facility, business services and meeting facilities.The BEST WESTERN PLUS Palm Desert Resort located conveniently close to the Palm Springs Intl. Airport, Palm Springs Convention Center, and El Paseo Shopping District. Also within 20 minutes are 3 casinos (Fantasy Springs, Spa Resort Casino, and Agua Caliente Casino), Big League Dreams Sports Park, College of the Desert where they hold the street fair every weekend and the McCallum Theater. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Best Western, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Palm Desert Hotel Palm Desert
- Best Western Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Best Western