WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Palm Desert Resort

BEST WESTERN PLUS Palm Desert Resort
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Davenport, Iowa
“This place is clean but nothing to brag about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights while working a convention, which was just a few miles away. We selected it for two reasons, the location and the great pictures posted which made the place look a little nicer than the other choices.

The place is clean and the staff friendly, however there are issues with the facility. First, about half of the lights in the outdoor hallway were either broken or disconnected to save energy. This gave the place a scary feel at night with lots of corners for people to hide in. My wife felt uncomfortable. The public areas except for the lobby were typically worn and showing their age.
The room was nice, the bed comfortable, and the internet worked beautifully. I would stay here again - but now I know what to expect.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying off the 3rd floor as the elevator can be slow.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
bestwesternpdmanager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Palm Desert Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Also thank you for your comments about our staff and amenities we try to make sure everyone has an enjoyable stay. We will look into the lights around the property and see what we can do to implement improvements.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was in Palm Desert one day for business. The hotel is in a good location right on Hwy 111. It is easy to get to everything from this main road. The rooms are redone and are for the most part comfortable. There is a flat screen TV, couch, desk, coffee maker, etc. The bed is a bit hard. The WiFi is rotten. Considering that everyone does something on the internet these days, this is a major downside. Walls are thin so I heard everything going on from the rooms next to me. An upside is that breakfast is made to order. I think this is a big selling point for this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel we are glad you stayed. We will use your comments to implement improvements to the hotel. Our breakfast is a staple of the hotel and it’s wonderful to know you enjoyed it.
Lompoc, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

First of all in checking in, I was unaware they did not have elevator service and climbing the stairs was very hard for my mother. Nor did they ask if we needed first floor. And our sofa bed was broken, so we had to put an air mattress on top of that so we wouldnt fall through
But my biggest complaint is when I checked in they needed a card for "incidentals." They made it clear the card would not be charged unless there were any. I asked upon checking out could I pay half with a credit card and the rest with cash. When I checked out, the employer really indulged himself in a conversation with me..(my mistake) I payed $200 on a card and paid $244 in cash. Then our credit card came from the card we used for insidentals. It was charged $244
I called the hotel and they told me they have no record of me paying cash....I didnt pay enough attention to my receipt since I was engrossed in the conversation. I explained to the manager that I cant sign for my husbands card so that shouldnt of even been charged.
I told him that a reputable hotel would apoligize for the mix up and credit the one card back. he said he would if I wanted to put that amount on another card..obviously he doesnt know much about customer service.
So no apology, and I am out $244. Be careful with overly polite customer care while checking out. Make sure you ask for a first floor if you cant climb stairs, and please check your receipt before you leave.
Since I go there every year, I will be staying elsewhere from now on.
Please Best Western, credit my one credit card. Even though you think you are in the right, and the receipt backs that up, for the sake of good customer service, please rectify this.

Room Tip: if climbing stairs is an issue make sure you request a first floor since they dont have an elevator...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
bestwesternpdmanager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Palm Desert Resort, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for providng us your feedback. I apologize that we were unable to meet your needs with the sofa bed. Our standard rooms do have an elevator but the suite guest rooms are located in a seperate 2 story building and they do not have an elevator. We can get you in a room on the ground floor if a request is given. It is unfortunate that there was a problem with your receipt at check out, that is why we have guest sign them so that they can make sure it is correct.
Whittier, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here overnight. Beds were comfortable, room was clean and breaksfast was good. The place could use some sprucing up with some paint chips here and there, but overall it was quiet and a comfortable stay. Close to El Paseo, the Living Desert and other attractions.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HeritageFinancial
bestwesternpdmanager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Palm Desert Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Palm Desert Resort. It is nice to know that you enjoyed the cooked to order breakfast.
Roy, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I had a nice clean updaded rooms with wood laminate floorings on the first floor with 1 queen bed, couch and hd tv. I also stayed on the 3rd floor. The room had 2 queens, nice tile but also some not so clean carpet. The view of the night sky off the3rd floor patio is great. I stayed here for an extended stay of 14 days. My room had a fridge but would be better with a microwave also. The free cooked to order breakfast was great, but doesn't start till 7am.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Palm Desert Resort. We are glad that you could stay for such a long time and that both rooms had different features that you liked.
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Great central location with immaculate quiet well appointed rooms. This is our 3rd stay in this hotel and we will return.. Nice pool, lots of lounges and towels and very clean. Breakfast is amazing - 2 chefs cook a hot breakfast or more to order from a menu.Eat in nice dining room or on the patio. Staff goes over the top to assist and is always friendly and professional. Lots of parking.Manicured grounds with tons of palm trees. You feel you are in a luxury resort. Starbucks across the street.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank DONNA D
bestwesternpdmanager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Palm Desert Resort, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Palm Desert Resort. The title of your review was great! Plus we enjoy the Starbucks right across the street ourselves. We are glad that you enjoy coming every time you’re in the desert and we hope to see you again soon.