Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$90
$80
Residence Inn Palm Desert(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$99
Residence Inn
$83
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$131
$119
The Westin Desert Willow Villas(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$158
$129
  • Pool
Marriott's Shadow Ridge II- The Enclaves(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$109
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$128
$199
$179
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$109
International Hotel & Suites(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$59
All reviewshash brownsmade to order breakfastgreat hot breakfastcooked breakfastpalm springsyogurttennis courtsfree breakfast ispool and hot tubgreat ratebreakfast roomgreat place to stayla quintagreat roomnice poolindian wellsgrocery store
Reviewed November 26, 2007

At one time, we used to stay at this hotel/inn in Palm Desert every year for Thanksgiving. We had not been back for 7 years. The Palm Desert Inn is now the Best Western Palm Desert Resort. The change has not been good. We just returned from the " resort" after a stay of three nights over Thanksgiving. First of all, we made reservations for our stay back in June of 2007 directly with the hotel/resort. Gave a credit card & received a confirmation number for a lower room. (one of us has heart problems and can not climb stairs.) In the past that is all we had to do in order to have a lower room reserved. Nothing special. This time, when we arrived, the very bored clerk at the desk said "we only have rooms on the 2nd & 3rd floors" Told that we had made the reservations back in June,/he acknowledged that fact but said their policty is that no room assigned until you arrive. His unfeeling attitude about our situation was simply- there is an elevator! Why reserve a room in the first place if they have such a policy-never had that problem before-especially when you agree to be charged if you don't show up(they have your credit card number.) The breakfast service was not good. The cooks were short of fruit . They were not to giving out any bananas unless you stated you wanted one. This happened each morning. The rest of this complimentory breakfast was one to be forgotten. The clerk when we paid our bill did not even thank us for staying w/them! -Customer Service was terrrible at the reception desk no matter who was there. They also had no knowledge of any directions when asked about local attractions and did not offer to find out. We will not return.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Travelors2
Reviewed October 20, 2007

I was in the area for work and I would stay at this hotel again. The room I was in was recently renovated - the carpet and furniture looked new and everything was very clean, and recently painted. The only complaint would be that the shower head is quite low on the wall so you have to scrunch down to get your head completely wet (I"m 5'6"). The mattress was too firm for me also. The only time I had an issue with noise was the first night I could hear the occupant up stairs from me walking around. I was in a corner room so noise from the adjoining room was a non-issue.

The guys working at the front desk were always very nice and helpful. The bonus at this hotel is the made to order breakfast. Please tip the hard working people behind the counter. They just cooked you your eggs and bacon or whatever for FREE so toss a buck or two in the tip bowl!

There are tennis courts at the rear of the property in case you are a player. You are close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2007

This hotel exceeded our expectations. A great pool away from the street is the perfect place to spend a lazy afternoon. The breakfast is the best part, and our room was spotless. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 1, 2007

The positive was that Housekeeping was great. The negatives are that the rooms are small and not family friendly. The beds were smaller than the standard queen size bed we have at home. The manager, the desk and kitchen staff were unprofessional and unfriendly. Staying at this Best Western was a negative experience and we will not do it again. We did not expect luxury at this hotel but we did expect friendly service. We were greatly disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank roadtripperTexas
Reviewed August 20, 2007

All in all, the hotel was fine. The staff was helpful and friendly and the made to order breakfast was pretty good. My only complaints were with the a/c that kept going on and off so I had to adjust it and then it was too warm. The pool was dirty and I booked this hotel specifically to use the pool. Also, there was no a/c in the elevators to get to the rooms on the 2nd & 3rd floors. In 110 degree heat, this is no fun, even for less than a minute. We took the stairs after one uncomfortable ride in the elevator. Very convenient location though--a few restaurants within walking distance as well as a Ralph's grocery store.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple