“Bland...bland...bland”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Have seen their print and TV ads. Looked like an upscale mexican restaurant that specializes in seafood. Well the prices are upscale, but the food was anything but. If it wasn't for the occasional piece of cilantro getting on the fork, the food would have had no flavor at all. What is it with Mexican restaurants dumbing down their food so much it tastes like nothing but tomato and moosh. YIKES. Del Taco has better tasting Mexican food!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

The restaurant was half full, plenty of wait staff around, although when we saw our waiter he was polite, truly lousy service. We liked the chips and salsa, so we ordered guacamole to go along with. Waiter brought it out right away, but could see we needed more chips. He said he would bring them right out, but it took about 20 minutes. Finally the manager, I think, brought them out. Ordered a second margarita, which took about 20 minutes also. Our food came out about 45 minutes after ordering and it was warmish, but not hot. Food was so so. Our group had Chile Colorado, Chicken mole, a beef burrito and a salad. All okay, but not living up to the other reviews read here. Big disappointment. Suggest trying one of the other many restaurants around.

1  Thank Kathleen F
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a small place in a strip mall near Bristol Farms. It was our first time here and I wish I had tried some of their more exotic foods. My normal measure of a Mexican reastaurant is their chili relleno which was good. Based on another TA review I tried the black beans which I agree are the best I have ever tasted. The service was great and everything we had was very good but we were not very adventurous on this trip. There is more to this place than your typical beans and rice combo plates. They do have combos and we found them to be very flexible in selecting items different than what was on the menu. I am looking forward to trying some of the more exotic dishes in the future. They have a separate bar section and several TVs going overhead. This place is definitely worth a try and I expect it will become one of our favorites.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Was staying in the area at Marriott Shadow Ridge. Did not want to drive down to the Hwy 111 Restaurant area. Checked on Trip Advisor and found this restaurant with a good rating and close by.

Was very satisfied with the food and house margaritas. The daily specials were not "run of the miill" mexican food and were very enjoyable.

Would recommend to anyone looking for good food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I'm so glad I read the reviews and decided to try this restaurant! Granted it's the off season and we went early. The service was awesome and attentive. I ordered off the regular menu and my husband ordered one of the nightly specials, we were both very pleased with our food. It just has some of the flavorings of Old Mexico. We will definitely be going back.

3  Thank Cindy M