Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages
$469
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$399
Marriott
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Palm Desert I-10(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$359
ComfortSuites
Marriott's Shadow Ridge II- The Enclaves(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
Marriott
Homewood
$187
HIExpress.com
Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$370
$345
Agoda.com
$349
$297
  • Pool
The Inn at Deep Canyon(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$129
Travelocity
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$449
Travelocity
1,175 results
All reviewsshadow ridgegolf coursequiet pooltime shareactivity centerfull kitchennick faldomain poolbedroom villaenclaves poolthe grillpalm springssplash padvacation clubchuckwalla poolmovie theatervideo games
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We just got back from Marriott's Shadowridge Resort. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa in the Enclaves. We went with another family. So there were 6 kids total. We were fine and not crowded but mind you- these were VERY close friends who we've traveled with in the past as well..

The pool is great, loved the cabanas and splash pad for the kids. The villa was spacious and we enjoyed being on the 1st floor BUT found several cockroaches every night! To me that is unacceptable and DISGUSTING!!!! It seems as though the resort is aware of the problem...since the sinks all had the drains closed upon arrival and when we told the front desk they were not at all surprised or apologetic about the pests.

We had a few problems w/ customer service as well. Upon check in we asked for the 'CRIB' which we requested 4 mos prior when we made the reservation. We had to wait over an hour for it w/ a crying infant. When they dropped it off it was a Pack n Play in it carrying case. She just handed it to my husband and she said the directions were inside. No sheets nothing. If we knew that we would've just brought our own from home that we know how to use. It was pretty frustrating waiting an hour for it w/ a crying baby and then having to put it together.

We stayed for a week through an owner. (she got the week for us at a great rate)...so housekeeping doesn't come unless you ask(call 24 hrs in advance) for it and you have to pay for it ($67). I called on a Tuesday and by Thursday night no one had come.

A few other issues. Our room was not ready upon check in and with 3 kids it was a huge inconvenience. We had groceries that spoiled in the 100 degree heat. We did not get our room til after 5pm! When we asked for a late check out at the end of the week-they refused. Housekeeping called all morning no exaggeration 4 TIMES!!! And they hung up on us every time. The reason I know it was them was because I speak Spanish and could understand what they were saying in the background. They were trying to see if we had vacated the room yet. This was well before check out at 10 AM!!!! If I were there without kids and trying to sleep in I would have been LIVID!

We still had a fun trip despite all of these issues....I'm sure because we had great company and didn't let it get to us. But I must say I'm disappointed in Marriott service. We've had much better experiences at Starwood Villas.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank CAMmuv3
Reviewed May 16, 2010

EXCELLENT SERVICE AND AMENITIES. Spacious 2 bedroom units.
From E Cacho
Laguna niguel

1  Thank cutie1016
Reviewed May 16, 2010

My wife and I took our 2 1/2 year old for a weekend getaway and had an excellent experience at this Marriott. The staff were incredibly nice throughout the resort. The pool and activities area are perfect for kids from toddler to middle school and the golf course is a decent challenge and in great condition. The only negative about this resort is the lack of room service but that is to be expected at a time share facility. We had an incredible time and are looking forward to returning.

Reviewed May 13, 2010

We stayed in a two bedroom villa. I have no idea why it's called a villa, because it's simply two bedrooms attached to a central, living room/kitchen/dining room in a three-story building. We asked to stay near the pool and were in building 2400, which was a two-minute walk from the pool. The location was fabulous for us.

Because it's a time-share place (we just got a room for the weekend and didn't have to attend any time-share sessions), it's different from a hotel. It has a full kitchen with a fridge, stove and other stuff. It does come with one package of regular coffee, a few sugars and two creams. There is no daily maid service. However, it was acceptable for us to bring a cooler of snacks and drinks (including beer) to the pool, which saved us money.

The snack bar by the pool wasn't too bad a deal and we had a few cocktails and lunch from the snack bar. We also went to Nick Faldo's restaurant, which was pretty good. The service was adequate and my steak was a bit overcooked, but they split plates in the back (for a charge, but that's fine with me) and they gave me a cocktail in a to-go cup. This was because they took a long time to take my order for a second drink, and by the time it came, my younger daughter was ready for bed.

The place was swarming with kids -- which was a good thing because it gave my kids people to play with. The water slide was great and my very timid children went on it multiple times. The water in the pool was reasonably warm, which meant that I went in to the water.

There really weren't negatives of any consequence. I wish the second bedroom had two beds instead of one king, but the kids slept fine in the same bed. I wish that the tub in my room had jets, but really, it's not that big a deal. Finally, I wish that I would have had the option for maid service even though we were only there for two nights.

We would likely go back to this place, although not for more than a weekend because of the lack of maid service.

Reviewed April 25, 2010

This resort is clean and well maintained with all of the luxuries of home.
A great place for families and couples alike - Highly recommended

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple