We stayed in a two bedroom villa. I have no idea why it's called a villa, because it's simply two bedrooms attached to a central, living room/kitchen/dining room in a three-story building. We asked to stay near the pool and were in building 2400, which was a two-minute walk from the pool. The location was fabulous for us.
Because it's a time-share place (we just got a room for the weekend and didn't have to attend any time-share sessions), it's different from a hotel. It has a full kitchen with a fridge, stove and other stuff. It does come with one package of regular coffee, a few sugars and two creams. There is no daily maid service. However, it was acceptable for us to bring a cooler of snacks and drinks (including beer) to the pool, which saved us money.
The snack bar by the pool wasn't too bad a deal and we had a few cocktails and lunch from the snack bar. We also went to Nick Faldo's restaurant, which was pretty good. The service was adequate and my steak was a bit overcooked, but they split plates in the back (for a charge, but that's fine with me) and they gave me a cocktail in a to-go cup. This was because they took a long time to take my order for a second drink, and by the time it came, my younger daughter was ready for bed.
The place was swarming with kids -- which was a good thing because it gave my kids people to play with. The water slide was great and my very timid children went on it multiple times. The water in the pool was reasonably warm, which meant that I went in to the water.
There really weren't negatives of any consequence. I wish the second bedroom had two beds instead of one king, but the kids slept fine in the same bed. I wish that the tub in my room had jets, but really, it's not that big a deal. Finally, I wish that I would have had the option for maid service even though we were only there for two nights.
We would likely go back to this place, although not for more than a weekend because of the lack of maid service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern California's magnificent mountain ranges serve as the breathtaking backdrop for Marriott's Shadow Ridge. Spacious villas overlook rolling fairways and sparkling lakes weaving throughout the landscape. Beautiful master suites feature a king bed and oversized soaking tub while the spacious living and dining areas, and fully kitchen offer convenience and comfort. Swing by the Faldo Golf Institute by Marriott and try your luck on the championship course. Then relax at Nick Faldo's Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Marriott so you can book your Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Shadow Ridge Hotel Palm Desert
- Marriotts Palm Desert
- Marriotts Hotel Shadow Ridge
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Marriott Shadow Ridge
- Marriotts Shadow Ridge