“The MAZE is Great!”

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Claremon,CA
“The MAZE is Great!”
Reviewed June 18, 2006

I have just went to the Marriot Activity Zone Experince aka MAZE this is great for kids and adults! Kids can be there for hours and will still be begging to stay longer. The kids can make cars (takes a few hours) , bird houses, connecting beads, and the arcade. When its time to rest ,the kids and adults can go into a brand new movie theater and watch many new and old movies.There is also an Adult MAZE where adults can watch movies that the kids dont need to see and play poker. I give the MAZE a 5 out of 5 stars.

• Stayed June 2006
6 Thank Volcom880

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
brea
Reviewed June 13, 2006

I'm picky...This place was great. Rooms very clean and loved the patio where we could have our mimosas and watch the scenery. And their infiniti pools and jacuzzi's are fantastic. The best part was the jacuzzi tub in our room ...Big enough for 2...:)

• Stayed January 2006
4 Thank ezetravel
Omaha, NE
Reviewed June 1, 2006

This review will pertain to couples who want a get away with out the kids. We had three couples sharing a 2 Bedroom/2 Bath Villa. One couple had the pull out couch in the living room. It made out into a queen size bed. There is a good size coat closet that this couple was able to use for all of their clothes that needed hanged. The Master Bedroom has a whirlpool tub and a sink and vanity area in it. This allowed each couple to have their own sink and vanity area. The couple sleeping in the living area was able to have their own sink and vanity as well in the main bath which also provided more storage for their belongings. They thought they were going to be living out of a suitcase all week so they were delighted that they could unpack and feel at home. The Shadow Ridge website does a good job of describing the villa's. There was more than enough room to accommodate all of us adults. In the eating area the table is quite large with 6 chairs. In the guest bedroom there are two additional chairs that match the chairs at the table. We had a cook out one night and had invited another couple. This table accommodated all 8 of us with room to spare. Most nights we had cocktail hour and than headed out to dinner. I have seen some complaints about the location of this property. This surprises us as we thought the location was great. It is just a short drive to lots of restaurants and shopping.
The property itself is quite large. There is a shuttle service onsite. At the shuttle stops the times are posted when to expect them. If times are not posted than conditions on the property do not warrant it at that time. There are house phones available and you can quickly call for the shuttle and they will come get you right away. We had lunch one day at the pool and the food was very good. Frozen drinks at the pool bar were very expensive which we expected. $5.00 before tip. Another tip for those of you who would like to golf but do not want to pay a lot of money to do it.......The rates in the late afternoon are reduced as the temps go up. Our "guys" started their golf in the morning while us "gals" went shopping or went to the pool. We also did some site seeing and hiking in the desert. We all really enjoyed our stay. We would highly reccomend this property to other couples who would like to share a villa with enough room to still allow privacy.

• Stayed April 2006
8 Thank Brownknee
Ringwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2006

We had a four day break from Thursday to Sunday. The accomodation and facilities gave great value for money. We had a one bedroom apartment which was spacious, clean and well equipped. We could easily hear the people above us and they played loud music and they woke us during every night moving about.
We ate in the restaurant on our first night and it was below average. There is a convenience store on site but it was very poorly stocked and you would need to do a supermarket shop if you are eating in. Apart from a couple of exceptions the staff are just ok and did not seem well trained in their jobs.
The 2 main pools are very nice but while we were there they were overcrowded and unpleasant. I could not believe how many people were drunk and loud during the day. There were lots of groups of singles drinking in and around the pool spoiling it for everyone else. Maybe the low prices attract the wrong sort of people and next time I would prefer to pay more for something more upscale. There were lots of quiet ordinary people there and I think that away from the weekends it is probably a great place and amazing value for money.

7 Thank gjrouse
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 21, 2006

What a fun place!! I wish we had know about Shadow Ridge long ago!! Besides no room service or lifeguards, we had such a GREAT TIME. We had the 2 bedroom villa in the 2400 bldg. The room was perfect for us as for the location, size, etc. I went w/ my 14 mo. old son and a friend that had her 6 yr. old son. The family pool was sooo very ideal for my little guy to splash around in and the splash around play area was even better. No need to worry about them falling in water, they just play with the waterfall and water spouts. It was 101 both days but with lots of sunscreen and keeping wet, we couldn't even tell how hot it was until we left the pool area of course. I now know why they don't show this on the website - its so awesome the resort would be overloaded! The kids MAZE center is nicely equiped w/ toys, games crafts for all ages. They won't be bored. I've been to other time share props and this is by far the best ever. I will be returning no doubt many many times. A must see for sure from a moms point of view - I can't comment on the golf, food or wine however.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 12, 2006

This resort was the best in the us! The food oh my tolido! so..if next time you're planing to go to this resort i'am giving you a dum up!

• Stayed July 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle, WA
Reviewed May 10, 2006

Shadow Ridge was everything I expected it to be. We stayed May 6-10, 2006 on a $198 3-night package, with no required tour. What a deal!! They of course left two messages to see if I wanted to take the tour to receive an additional $150 credit, but I declined.

We had a one bedroom villa with full kitchen, great patio to enjoy the morning sunrise, etc. I'm not sure why others have rated this resort lower, it's a great place to relax. Yes, you are about 8 miles from town, but its a straight shot down Hwy 111. I agree that the food choices are lacking at the resort, but I knew that from reading these reviews, so we picked up some breakfast stuff and then ate out as we were on vacation. We had a full kitchen so cooking was an option as well.

The pools were great (a tad warm though), they were not crowded at all. We stayed in the 1500 building on the third floor. I did call ahead and ask to be close to the pool and they accommodated us. Our villa was large, clean and quiet.

I would definately stay there again.

9 Thank jt4244
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott's Shadow Ridge II- The Enclaves
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa

Been to Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages? Share your experiences!