Stayed in Hotel Style room (king bed with pullout sofa and small kitchenette) for Labor Day weekend. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We traveled with our young children, so a majority of our time was spent at the main pool and Activity Center. The pools are fantastic, big and roomy. The main pool area has (2) huge pools separated by the bar/snack shack with ample seating for dinning, (1) water slide, (1) infant pool, a couple of hot tubes and a little water park/play for kids. We spent our days at the pool nearest the activity center and slide. You can bring floats, noodles, soft toys, etc in the pool and your own food & beverages poolside. Beware that some folks did bring drinks into the pool, but everyone was very courteous and nice so no issues for us. We were lucky to get one of the cabanas (there are 10, so you need to get up early to claim you spot). The Activity Center was great when the kids got tired of playing in the water. It has (2) Wii game areas, an arcade, ping-pong and pool table, and a small movie theater. There is also a basket ball court and putting green just across the street.
I did read through quite a few of these reviews and to be very honest, I did not experience any of the negatives people mentioned. The staff, although our interaction was very limited, was great. We were able to get our room moved closer to the pools. We had a food order mix-up at the bar/snack shack and the bartender graciously gave us that meal for free. The folks at the activity center were awesome and attentive. They had a few arts & craft events over the holiday weekend, but nothing extravagant. The resort is located a couple of miles from a couple of shopping centers/malls. We did not play any golf, but the grounds look great and we saw the grounds crew out each morning and evening keeping the place in order. I tried to talk my wife into staying a couple of extra days, but we needed to get the kids back to school. I’m definitely coming back soon. Just a great place to sit back and relax and have fun with the kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern California's magnificent mountain ranges serve as the breathtaking backdrop for Marriott's Shadow Ridge. Spacious villas overlook rolling fairways and sparkling lakes weaving throughout the landscape. Beautiful master suites feature a king bed and oversized soaking tub while the spacious living and dining areas, and fully kitchen offer convenience and comfort. Swing by the Faldo Golf Institute by Marriott and try your luck on the championship course. Then relax at Nick Faldo's Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Shadow Ridge Hotel Palm Desert
- Marriotts Palm Desert
- Marriotts Hotel Shadow Ridge
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Marriott Shadow Ridge
- Marriotts Shadow Ridge