Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Courtyard Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
View Hotel
Residence Inn Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
  • Pool
Embarc Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
1,175 results
All reviewsshadow ridgegolf coursequiet pooltime shareactivity centerfull kitchennick faldomain poolbedroom villaenclaves poolthe grillpalm springssplash padvacation clubchuckwalla poolmovie theatervideo games
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2009

The room is spacious enough for four, but we had cockroach issues in both bathrooms, a golf lesson fiasco, and poolside grill service needs improvement. Marriott is capable of so much more. Why would we spend tens of thousands on a time share here, when they cannot get the basic first stay right? Very disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Marriott which has been a superior company and offers a good product really has dropped the ball on this property. I didn't stay her but my parents did, I stayed elsewhere. However I stopped by to see them, upon doing this I took my two small dogs out of thier kennel in the back of my truck to take them on a small walk. Upon doing this I was confronted by "loss prevention" in whch I was accused of taking the dogs in the room(which I had no idea it was a pet free resort), I begin getting annoyed and aggrevated by the allogation and then the security guard "puffed up" as he wasn't getting anywhere by bullying me and asking me the same thing 5 times in which I felt threatened. I then walked away from him and left the resort. I will be considering my legal options here as I felt threatend during the verbal confrontation. Marriott needs to take some sensitivity training.

SIde note my parents said the rooms were ok but the service was terrible and after being promised a 12 oclock check in they couldn't check-in untill after 4 even though check in is 4. For this they weren't offered anything for the short-coming.

Go elsewhere as the pools and ground seem extreamly crowded. We stayed out the Miramonte...Nice place!

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank twojp
Reviewed June 7, 2009

Being a multiple unit owner for many years I am finding that the Villas are becoming very worn. The carpets are dirty and worn which set the tone for the entire unit.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BrahmaToptraveler
Reviewed May 29, 2009

This is a really nice place. I've been back 3 times since this trip. The studio room is a bit small so I recommend a 1 or 2 bedroom. Also, I recommend the top floor so you don't get noisy upstairs neighbours!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2009

We arrived to the Villages and our room was infested with the GIANT dead bugs!! There were cob webs and spiders all over and the shower must have had at least 5 dead Giant roach bug things. Of course I complained. They insisted they had no other rooms. After much complaining, they moved us directly upstairs. Not as bad, but still dead bugs. We are now 90 minutes of arguing and complaining. Finally, the housekeeping manager, Stacy (who was awesome) told us this part of the resort had been shut down for several weeks. Anyway, she called and got us another room...funny, how there are not available rooms. Front desk was not helpful and almost rude. Once we got the 3rd room, it was nice. The pool was very crowded, but nice. No seats available at 10am! We spent one day at the main pool and the rest of the time at the Enclave. Must nicer, newer and quiter. We decided to extend and stay one night in the Enclaves room. VERY NICE!! Brand new everything!! I highly recommend the Enclaves!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family