“HUGE PLACE!”

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Oxnard, California
“HUGE PLACE!”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We had a 2 bedroom suite. The resort had everthing in there!
tThe room was big. Full kitchen. Walked on the golf course. Our back room opened up to a par 3 hole. It was about a balmy 118 degrees!. Place lush green. Lots of stuff for the kids to do. The theatre was a nice surprize. The pool had too much chlorine. Pool areas closed at 11pm. Bedding was of quality.
near a costco and walmart!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had a very nice stay at the Marriott Shadow Ridge. Rooms were clean and space was amble. There needs to be however attention paid to detail to move my rating from Very Good to an Excellent. The walk ways need attention by the housekeeping staff; the same wine cork sat outside our door as did a Q-Tip for the duration of our stay. In addition we had to call down to have the kitchen linens stocked. The kitchen amenities were the bare minimal. Multiple vanity lights were burnt out and the plumbing needs attention - loose faucets, slow drains. One the positive side, the location is a great desert get away with golf onsite. The bedding was very comfortable and the towels were nice and plush. The pools were busy but then that is expected this time of year. I hope as the property expands that more quiet / adult only spaces will be established.

Room Tip: I think quiet vs near the activity center is up to an individual's preference. Either would be...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank DrLFoodie
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I come to Shadow Ridge every summer and this time didn't disappoint. Stayed in the 1700 building and enjoyed a different view. We spend a day at each of the pools and usually watch a evening movie in the main pool. Definietly check out the Mirage activities so that you can get out of the heat for a while.

Room Tip: Choose a room close to the pool so you don't have far to walk in the heat !
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
London, England
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I came here with my son, daughter-in-law and 3 year old twin grandchildren back in April, which I understand was the Spring break, so quite full. I have been reading the reviews since then and don't recognise the place we visited! The resort was very clean and well kept, very green with lovely flowers. Our apartment was opposite the main pool so very convenient and not at all noisy. The apartment was lovely and kept very clean and tidy. The children loved the pools and activity centre. My husband and I enjoyed walking round the grounds, visited the cafes and had a lovely meal in the restaurant. I would definitely come again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We have been going to this resort for 10 years. After our last stay at the end of July 2014 we are probably not going back. I called the resort in advance to let them know about my preferences as I always do. I asked for the ground floor, closer to the main pool, and early check-in. Non of my requests were granted. We've arrived around noon with foods that needed to be refrigerated. Because they didn't have a room ready for us, I asked the front desk if I could use their refrigerator. Their fridge was extremely dirty. I was disgusted to leave my food in there.

When we finally got to our villa it was almost 4 PM, a lot of thing were missing. We had a coffee maker, but not a coffee pot. We had to wait for them to bring the coffee pot for 2 days (called them at least twice a day to remind about coffee pot). Some of other kitchenettes were also missing.

The resort was extremely crowded and not enough staff members to provide an excellent service. We also noticed that a lot of new villas were build lately. Four swimming pools are not enough for so many guests that are staying at the resort. Empty plastic cups and bottles were around the pool area, as soon as the wind blew all those cups and bottles were in the pool. Water in the pools was very dirty and cloudy. While swimming you can catch someones' hair between your fingers and toes (very gross). We didn't see anyone cleaning the pool in the morning (at 7 AM) as we used to see during our previous stays. Also during our four day stay at the resort there were two brown accidents. The main pool had to be closed; therefore, making other pools even more crowded. Please everyone appreciate other people's vacation by having your kid wear a swimming diaper to avoid accidents.

There was also a major water accident where we were without water for about 6 hours in our room. We were unable to use bathrooms and kitchen. Every time we called the front desk to inquiry about the water, all they told us is to use gym's restroom and bathroom.

This is not a good way you treat your guests. We were very disappointed with our last stay at Shadow Ridge.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
9 Thank Papullo
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We loved the hotel, no complaints just disappointed the life size chess was gone but still on the website.. Swimming pool was great and loved that it was very kid friendly... The kiddie pool was great but did need cleaning, and being that we arrived a little late my son only rode the water slide once than it closed. All in all I would consider staying again.

• Stayed July 2014
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We bought a timeshare here about 12 years ago and thoroughly enjoy our stays. Lots of shopping and dining opportunities within short driving distance. Plenty of sights to see are also an easy drive away.

Room Tip: Top floor to avoid having a loud party in the suite above you.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott's Shadow Ridge II- The Enclaves
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa

Been to Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages? Share your experiences!