“Beautiful resort”

Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Hesperia, California
“Beautiful resort”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We always enjoy our week here. The rooms are beautiful and quiet. The pool areas are nice, plenty of chairs. The staff is pleasant and helpful. The location is perfect for shopping, dining and exploring.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank julia j

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Buena Park, California
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I just got home from a weekend at the villas I must say we will not be staying there again. I found a huge water bug in the room!! We needed new sheets for the bed and that cost us an extra $45.00. We made our way to the pool which was disgusting. There is green slime on the bottom of the pool trash everywhere. The second day there they had to close down the big pool because someone pooped in it. Even though the pool was closed people were still swimming in it. Instead of roping it off they put a floating sign in the middle of the pool. It was disgusting, Motel 6 is cleaner!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank jennifer d
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

When you think of Marriott Resort, you think luxury, relaxing, and clean! This resort is completely the opposite! Driving up, we were excited! Beautiful rocks, water fountains, flowers, the works. The check in desk was completely unaware of our check in and could not locate the reservation. Once I showed them my email conformation from my phone, then they decided to check us in. Getting to the room, we had to drive around to what look like apartments. The elevator is very sketchy! It opens and feels like its going to take off! The permit on the elevator had expired and was on a temporary permit that had also expire!!!!!
The negatives were: very dirty room, only provide 3 towels, no daily housekeeping unless you pay 25 bucks and they only fix your bed and offer new towels.. That's it! Also the studio is very tiny and cramped. States can sleep 4 but they failed to mention 3 must sleep on the bed and 1 on the full size sofa bed cause its cramped!
First issue I had with them was the smell! Room 1110 don't bother getting! It smelled and the AC broke at 10pm on Labor Day weekend. Maintenance was called and came 30 min later and finally failed to fix it at 12:30am and decided they can move us to a new room in the morning!
Once morning came, we were moved to a new room... 3 doors down to 1106 which still had a similar odor to it! We went back and forth moving our stuff while house keeping decided to start cleaning the room while we were in there... she ended up throwing away my sons penicillin that was in the fridge! Uh! I was so upset but they failed to find it! The maintenance manager called to apologize and sent over a basket of goodies for my 2 preschoolers.. Chocolate, bottled water, and a cereal bar.. Yippee...
After finally a complaint with the manager, she decided to comp 1 night for us. Thank you.
After the kaos, we ate at the grill. Gross! Poor service and very salty food! Took 25 min for a kids cheeseburger and fries!
Someone threw up in the kids pool..( a drunk adult) and everyone was forced out of the pool for an hour to clean! There should be a rule of no drinking in the kids area. This is a family resort, alcohol should be forbidden in front of children. Lastly, we tried the rec center for the kids. They enjoyed the crafts and painting a shirt and movie at the pool and s'mores in the evening.
The pros of this resort are the kids activities and the kiddie pools with 1 water slide, shuttle service!
The negs: 1 waterslide for a ton of guests, you have to wear a wrist band all day to show you stay there, long walks to everything, very tiny room with no stove( must never get this room again) smelly room and horrible sit down restaurant.
Will I stay here again.. Yes but in a suite, never again on a busy holiday like Labor Day, and will travel to Mastros for a nice steak dinner.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank SYN D
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I recently stayed at the Villas and I must say that the Marriott Shadow Ridge has the nicest staff on the planet. Bar none. I travel a lot and have been all over. Everyone was so nice, friendly and geniunely concerned about making my stay wonderful. Kudos to the Marriott for hiring great people! I stayed in a studio and had enough room for myself and my two family members. I paid for a week as I am a timeshare owner but had to cut my trip short, regrettably, because of work. I have stayed in Palm Springs many times at other Marriott resorts and have enjoyed them also, but the Marriott Shadow Ridge will stand out for its excellent customer service. Everyday they had something to give out popcorn, wine and cheese, cookies. What a treat!!! Loved my stay there. Would stay again!!!

Room Tip: We had rooms near the pool which made access easier.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pangeeta
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Overall look was pleasant ....the studio apartments with a microwave and refrigerator were comfortable. However, the laundry facilities leave much to be desired. It takes a long time to locate the room as there are no directions to reach it. Swimming pools are nice but overcrowded.
Location is good within easy reach of good restaurants and malls. Reception staff are very friendly and helpful.
A good vacation spot for families

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Perris, California
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice and comfortable villas. Pools were a little crowded, but t was the Labor Day weekend. They had a shortage of pool towels most of the weekend, and the pool bathrooms were always dirty and some without toilet paper. But, other than that, a great family spot. We have stayed here before this last trip and had a great time with no issues.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mission Viejo, CA
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We recently stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. Amenities very nice. Spacious room with kitchen was nice but a little dated. We were directly across from pool which was convenient with small kids. Kids loved the pool and water park/slide. We tried to use the activity center for some games but it had closed early the night we went. But they had pool, video games and activities for the little ones. My biggest complaint is that they had no lifeguard at the pool. They did have one at the waterslide but the main pool was crowded and it was hard to keep a close eye on my kids. A lifeguard in that area as an extra safety precaution would be a good idea.

• Stayed August 2013
#1 of 8 in Rancho Mirage
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott's Shadow Ridge II- The Enclaves
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa

Been to Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages? Share your experiences!