Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$399
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Palm Desert I-10(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$359
ComfortSuites
$379
Homewood
Residence Inn Palm Desert(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$289
$189
Residence Inn
Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$370
$345
Agoda.com
$190
HIExpress.com
Courtyard Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
$233
$189
The Inn at Deep Canyon(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$159
Travelocity
International Hotel & Suites(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$112
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$379
Travelocity
1,175 results
All reviewsshadow ridgegolf coursequiet pooltime shareactivity centerfull kitchennick faldomain poolbedroom villaenclaves poolthe grillpalm springssplash padvacation clubchuckwalla poolmovie theatervideo games
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Kids: 12 y/o boy and 7 y/o Girl
Nights: 3
Building: 2800 (2nd Floor & Corner room)

<Good>
1, Easy check in and booked a package deal on-line (Marriott.com) and received $ 25 resort credit per night
2. Lots of activities (free movies, kids activities and etc).
3. Restaurants and shopping centers near by (Costco, Walmart, Bristol Farm...)
4. Kitchen with appliances and washer & dryer
5. Multiple pools (main one with water-slide)
6. Spacious room with large balcony
7. Decent fitness center (used both, Main club house and one in Enclave, one in Enclave is too small with limited equipment).
8. All the staff were very nice and helpful

<Bad>
1. Pools are very crowded and if possible, get there early
2. Checked in on Thursday and did not clean our room until Saturday afternoon (Had to call housekeeping twice, Friday & Saturday and each time they said our room is scheduled to be cleaned on that day).
3. Walls and floors are very thin
4. I guess you can bring you own food and drinks (even large coolers) and some people were eating and drinking while they were inside the pool. Wonder why the pool is murky....
5. Some kid activities are not free & little pricey
6. Out of 5 BBQ grills next to our building, only one was working properly (3 w/only one side/partially working and one was used by another guest before I got there).

Room Tip: corner room in 2nd or 3rd floor (first room balcony has very little privacy).
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian k
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Marriott Shadow Ridge Resort in July for one night. This is one of Marriott's Timeshare properties. I was passing through on my way home from Sedona, Arizona and was able to get an $89 rate for their guest room. I have stayed on the property before and is always so much more economical in the summer months due to the heat. I arrived and was immediately helped by a nice young girl at the check in desk. She really went out of her way to ask me what my preference was in regard to room and view. It really didn't matter for one night but she gave me a very nice room on the top floor toward the back of the property facing the golf course. It was nice and quiet and the view was great. Their guest rooms are actually the lock off unit to the two bedroom units. It has a small mini kitchen with a micro, coffee maker, decent size fridge although the freezer portion is small and a sink. I had a king bed with a sitting area that had a sofa bed and a small table for two and a nice flat screen T.V. Decent size bathroom as well. The private balcony with the table and 2 chairs was quite spacious for being off of the bedroom. Very clean and very modern and updated. Because of my short visit, I wasn't able to take advantage of the pools but Baseballmom909 was so right. I drove by the pool area and it was absolutely packed. That was the first thing I noticed. TONS of kids and actually one ran out in front of my car right in front of his parents. That would have ruined my day not to mention his! If you didn't get there early to reserve some lounge chairs you probably wouldn't have gotten any. The pool is huge and it was just overflowing with people. I believe there are two pools and one of them is designated for adults only. The prices can't be beat in the summer time and I had seen on the Marriott website their one bedroom units with a FULL kitchen for $125 a night so that explains the crowds. That is a deal. I had to call the "At Your Service" line with a question and the customer service was excellent. Although my stay was short, it was great. I love Palm Desert and the Ridge was actually cheaper then the Courtyard in Palm Desert that I stayed at on my way to Sedona. Not happy with them at all and would NEVER stay there again but I don't review every place I stay so I will let that one go. Desert Ridge is the way to go especially if you are traveling with your family!

Room Tip: During peak times, ask for a room toward the back of the property. It is much quieter and they have a shuttle on the property if you want to access the pool and other activities.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We are not timeshare owners but we love to rent timeshare units in the desert for our family to spread out. We were there a busy Memorial Day weekend. They handled the crowds great! Tons of family activities - my daughter did a craft every hour at the kids club. We relaxed at the adult pool and were brought drinks through the day! Loved that they offered family movies all day long - teens can have bit of independence. We will be back next year. So fun! Would not recommend eating on property - slow and not so great food. Golf a bit expensive for kids. Relaxing and fun - way to go Marriott!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Just had week stay - great property with full of interesting people
Room was very standard Marriott vacation club, roomy, comfy... However people there is make this place worst Marriott vacation club
Staff are rude -especially in kids club, no nice smile in anywhere -I understand it was 4th July and was busy but make guest feel comfortable was there job
And this was busiest place we ever been - we been owner for 5years and we been lots of Marriott vacation property but this is far busiest
This place really need to hire person in the gate -there is security code but we never have to use in week since once it's open anybody can go in -and it shows at pool, there was tons of people who looks like "local" bring huge ice chest and their own stuff... Loud music box...
I always thought Marriott vacation is high end vacation club but not this time....
They pretty much waste their nice property
They can maintain better start with access only guest in the property because propert self was nice quality
I don't think we will make trip there again...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank lovehawaiigirl
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

We are very disappointed to read your review. This is not at all typical of the guest experience at our resort and we would appreciate an opportunity to personally respond to your concerns. Please contact us at customer.care@vacationclub.com or at 800 860 9384. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This should be a four star property, but sadly whoever is running the place is doing a poor job. Given the low summertime rates it's no wonder so many low life's decide to make this their summer getaway. I can live with the Call of Duty Black Ops t-shirts, the lifted trucks, bad tattoos and unruly off-spring. I draw the line at people bringing their dogs to the resort and worse, having them swim in the pool! Yes, you read this correctly. Why is it that I have to go over and tell this nitwit that his dog should not be in the pool? There should be staff at every pool. There was no one to be seen at the "quiet pool". I don't think it is unreasonable to expect clean towels at the pool and no dogs.
Our villa backed on to the golf course. Being a golfer I expect that folks would respect the game. Not this time. There were kids running all over the golf course during broad daylight. Their parents were not only indulging the behavior but actually playing with them on an active fairway. They even set up chairs and blankets in the rough. I called the main desk and explained the situation. Security never showed up and this continued throughout the entire stay. The morning we checked out, these same parents let their kids run through the sprinklers while the fairways were being watered. How stupid do you have to be to let your kids play in grey water? During our round of golf we had to ask kids to get off the course a few times. At night kids would be running all over the greens. I can only imagine the crap the poor greens keeper has to go through each day.
The Market Place does not trust its customers enough to put out coffee cups. There is a spot for them but it was empty. I thought maybe I came after the rush, until I discovered you have to pay for your cup in advance and only then can you pour yourself a cup of coffee. Even 7-11 allows customers to fill their cups before paying for the drink.
Housekeeping staff were nice, but it was a crap shoot on whether on not the room would be clean when you'd get back after a long day. We were there 5 days/4 nights. It was cleaned twice when we returned, late another day and they missed one day completely.
None of this really bothered my kids, which is why I rated the resort a 2. There is tons to do, the event coordinator does a nice job of coming up with different activities and there are a lot of attractions, restaurants and shops close by the resort. The golf course is in great shape and we had no maintenance issues. If I were an owner at this location I would be deeply troubled by the lack of management, but given we were just guests, we'll look for a different resort to go to in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank DouglasKelly1

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at Marriott's Shadow Ridge. This is not typical of the guest experience at our resort and we would appreciate an opportunity to personally address your concerns. Please contact us at customer.care@vacationclub.com or at 800 860 9384. We look forward to hearing from you.