Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages
The Westin Desert Willow Villas(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$159
$139
$81
Marriott's Shadow Ridge II- The Enclaves(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$110
$93
Residence Inn Palm Desert(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$99
$100
$89
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$83
$80
Hampton.com
$161
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$110
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$76
$74
Agoda.com
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$101
1,190 results
All reviewsshadow ridgegolf coursequiet pooltime shareactivity centerfull kitchennick faldomain poolbedroom villathe grillenclaves poolpalm springssplash padvacation clubchuckwalla poolmovie theatervideo games
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This was a wonderful timeshare experience. Everything was perfect. I had read a few negatives so I was a little nervous about it. From the moment we entered the grounds which are beautifully landscaped until we sadly left a week later we were happy with everything. Checking in went smoothly. Before we arrived I received an email asking for my preferences - everyone of them were accommodated. We were staying with friends and they got the lock-off which was a nice size and even had its own kitchen. The rooms were quite large and nicely furnished. We each had balconies which gave us a beautiful view of the mountains, especially at sunrise. THere were at least 2 swimming pools available which were well maintained and not crowded when we were there. My only complaint is that the bathtub is in the bedroom, which we have also have found at other timeshares. i would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Request a third floor in a renovated building that faces the mountains. We were in building 2300.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank fromNY2NJ
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I own at the other major Marriott Timeshare in Palm Desert, about 2 miles away. There were many things I liked better about this one, where I exchanged, sort of last minute. I think the landscaping here is better managed and planned. Their use of desert plants is abundant, lush and interesting. The lawn areas are also lush. The areas to take walks were prettier and more varied than at DS, and as I was walking each day, that mattered to me.

The villas all seem to overlook a golf course, and the course was in constant use. I was not in the enclaves section, not sure about those.

For me, check in was fine, as was check out.

The villas are a bit smaller than DS I, which I think is a factor of newer buildings. DS II is about the same size. The kitchen was smaller and the layout a bit awkward, lacking a place to put some of your grocery shopping, but what the heck, it's only for a week.

The gas fireplace worked well, and as we had some cool, drizzly days, this was appreciated.

The pool complex was one central large pool area with snack restaurant (burgers, pizzas) and multiple pools. There was a water slide with a life guard. The activity area is adjacent, with a dedicated movie theatre. There was ample programming for kids, making crafts, etc.

There are many lakes and ponds, part of the golf course features, but they are attractive, with native vegetation. There are also water fowl and a great many cottontail bunnies hopping around, which I found charming. I took some nice photographs of the water features and the wild life. The fencing has themed panels representing cottontail rabbits, roadrunner birds, etc. The grounds are very upscale.

A car is essential. The villas are a half mile to a mile from the check in desk, where the small marketplace is, and the fitness center. The marketplaces at all of these time share resorts are really designed to let you get an item or two you need to complete a meal, or to get you by the first night in. Two traffic lights down the road is both an Albertson's and an upscale Bristol Farms. There are restaurants in both centers, as well as back up towards the freeway in the big shopping center where the cinemas are, and all the box stores.

The on site restaurants are mainly operating to golfer's schedules. They do lunch and breakfast during the months the course is busy. On Saturday night, a heavy check in day, they stay open for dinner, or at least one does.

If you have the full two room suite, I think your sound proofing is better than if you have a lock off; I don't think the soundproofing at either DS or SR between the main suite and the lock off exists. It can be very noisy if you get a family with 3 kids stuffed into the one bedroom part.

In the main suite, the soaking tub has a slanted seat that might not be comfortable for people with bad backs.

There were some housekeeping issues, but these were promptly rectified. If you are used to staying in timeshares, you know that someone might have put away an imperfectly cleaned spatula in the drawer. The bed linens are all Marriott standard high quality with duvets, and the beds comfortable. The towels are a mix of nice and older thinner ones. If it matters, it can be changed out for you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank Reenactress
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I rented a two-bedroom villa and the space allowed me to invite my sons and a friend...plenty of room and privacy is allowed with this villa set up. A few problems were a smoker down below me on the porch...had to call twice and never heard back as to how it was handled. Bathroom towels should have been replaced as they had stains on them. Called to have housekeeping come to refresh rooms and gave them a two-hour window only to return & no housekeeping; they showed up later but we were already in villa for the day.
The grounds are beautiful and the weather was as well; had been there in the summer and it was way too hot! Mountains and golf course surround the resort and that is amazing. I'd recommend it but they were asking top dollar--$350- $425 for rooms as it was Christmas break.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank iluvthecoast
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I hate to look a gift horse in the month but I expected more. I thought this was a resort. I thought I was staying at a condo. I thought this would be a luxurious place. Sadly it was not. Think of it more of a large Fairfield Inn. Sure the grounds are nice but vast without any real aim. The club house was nice as was the fitness center. The pools were ok but not resort quality. The room was the biggest downfall. I had a studio. The bed was nice it dominated the room, but no desk. It did have a sofa but no coffee table. Over all the room was sparse at best.

I came to play golf but this course is very overpriced. There are much more reasonable courses in the area. I recommend them (see my other reviews). You can play them 2x for a the cost of a round here. This type of place maybe your cup of tea but it was not mine...

Room Tip: avoid the studios!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oldensign
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We just got back from a great trip to Palm Springs, and I'm sorry to say, our 3 night stay at Shadow Ridge was the 'low point' of this trip.

It started at check-in, when the receptionist couldn't (or wouldn't) find one of the two reservations I booked 3 months in advance. I booked two efficiency suites as we were traveling with my parents. The first reservation was made through Interval Intl. This is the one she found. The second reservation was made with rewards points. When I tried to explain this to the receptionist she told me that it was 'impossible' to make a reservation with reward points since this was a Time-Share and that I was probably 'confuse' with another Marriott Hotel in the area. She actually sent us to another hotel 5 minutes away, without even checking with them. She never offered any kind of help in trying to figure out confusion. Never offered me another room either.

We are Marriott owners and we have exchanged many times before, so we knew that she was wrong. We went to the bedroom and tried to look up the reservation number from our Marriott acc. It took us sometime since 'just that night' the Marriott web-site was 'unavailable'. Eventually, we found out both numbers and confirmed that both the reservations were at the Marriott SR. So we went back to the front desk, and another person (the girl wasn't there anymore, of course) was able to find the other reservation (easily). It took more than an hour to sort this out, and we made all of the work, without getting any kind of compensation offered.

In all, the resort looks gorgeous: beautiful landscaping, impressive entrance, luxurious lobby. The bedrooms are OK, the housekeeping could be better, the pools are well maintained and big enough (at least for this time of the year - I think they get overcrowded during summer time). There is an activity center that looks pretty cool for little kids, cinema, bike rentals, board games, and maybe more, we just didn't have enough time to look.

I guess We were really looking forward to this trip, but this first experience really putted us down.

A couple of minor things to add, which we would probably have overlooked if it weren't for this are:

- Pool location: the resort is pretty big, to much. We needed to take a car to get to the pool, and there was not enough parking space around it.
- Restaurants: the brochure shows 5 different restaurants, but they were close after 3:00 pm.
- Marketplace: very small, very overpriced, and understaffed. It holds an Starbucks, but it is attended by the same person that looks after the store, so expect long line for you coffee.
- Free activities: beware, do not expect much of these. On Sundays they offered free coffee and doughnuts during the resort presentation. By 8:15 am expect no doughnuts and cold coffee.
- Bedrooms: Very average, and very thin walls. We were entertained by our neighbors coughing all night.

I think we will return to Palm Springs, but not to Shadow Ridge.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room close to the activity center, and on the second floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family