Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Courtyard Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
View Hotel
Residence Inn Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
  • Pool
Embarc Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
1,175 results
All reviewsshadow ridgegolf coursequiet pooltime shareactivity centerfull kitchennick faldomain poolbedroom villaenclaves poolthe grillpalm springssplash padvacation clubchuckwalla poolmovie theatervideo games
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I rented a two-bedroom villa and the space allowed me to invite my sons and a friend...plenty of room and privacy is allowed with this villa set up. A few problems were a smoker down below me on the porch...had to call twice and never heard back as to how it was handled. Bathroom towels should have been replaced as they had stains on them. Called to have housekeeping come to refresh rooms and gave them a two-hour window only to return & no housekeeping; they showed up later but we were already in villa for the day.
The grounds are beautiful and the weather was as well; had been there in the summer and it was way too hot! Mountains and golf course surround the resort and that is amazing. I'd recommend it but they were asking top dollar--$350- $425 for rooms as it was Christmas break.

1  Thank iluvthecoast
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I hate to look a gift horse in the month but I expected more. I thought this was a resort. I thought I was staying at a condo. I thought this would be a luxurious place. Sadly it was not. Think of it more of a large Fairfield Inn. Sure the grounds are nice but vast without any real aim. The club house was nice as was the fitness center. The pools were ok but not resort quality. The room was the biggest downfall. I had a studio. The bed was nice it dominated the room, but no desk. It did have a sofa but no coffee table. Over all the room was sparse at best.

I came to play golf but this course is very overpriced. There are much more reasonable courses in the area. I recommend them (see my other reviews). You can play them 2x for a the cost of a round here. This type of place maybe your cup of tea but it was not mine...

Room Tip: avoid the studios!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oldensign
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We just got back from a great trip to Palm Springs, and I'm sorry to say, our 3 night stay at Shadow Ridge was the 'low point' of this trip.

It started at check-in, when the receptionist couldn't (or wouldn't) find one of the two reservations I booked 3 months in advance. I booked two efficiency suites as we were traveling with my parents. The first reservation was made through Interval Intl. This is the one she found. The second reservation was made with rewards points. When I tried to explain this to the receptionist she told me that it was 'impossible' to make a reservation with reward points since this was a Time-Share and that I was probably 'confuse' with another Marriott Hotel in the area. She actually sent us to another hotel 5 minutes away, without even checking with them. She never offered any kind of help in trying to figure out confusion. Never offered me another room either.

We are Marriott owners and we have exchanged many times before, so we knew that she was wrong. We went to the bedroom and tried to look up the reservation number from our Marriott acc. It took us sometime since 'just that night' the Marriott web-site was 'unavailable'. Eventually, we found out both numbers and confirmed that both the reservations were at the Marriott SR. So we went back to the front desk, and another person (the girl wasn't there anymore, of course) was able to find the other reservation (easily). It took more than an hour to sort this out, and we made all of the work, without getting any kind of compensation offered.

In all, the resort looks gorgeous: beautiful landscaping, impressive entrance, luxurious lobby. The bedrooms are OK, the housekeeping could be better, the pools are well maintained and big enough (at least for this time of the year - I think they get overcrowded during summer time). There is an activity center that looks pretty cool for little kids, cinema, bike rentals, board games, and maybe more, we just didn't have enough time to look.

I guess We were really looking forward to this trip, but this first experience really putted us down.

A couple of minor things to add, which we would probably have overlooked if it weren't for this are:

- Pool location: the resort is pretty big, to much. We needed to take a car to get to the pool, and there was not enough parking space around it.
- Restaurants: the brochure shows 5 different restaurants, but they were close after 3:00 pm.
- Marketplace: very small, very overpriced, and understaffed. It holds an Starbucks, but it is attended by the same person that looks after the store, so expect long line for you coffee.
- Free activities: beware, do not expect much of these. On Sundays they offered free coffee and doughnuts during the resort presentation. By 8:15 am expect no doughnuts and cold coffee.
- Bedrooms: Very average, and very thin walls. We were entertained by our neighbors coughing all night.

I think we will return to Palm Springs, but not to Shadow Ridge.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room close to the activity center, and on the second floor.
4  Thank Susan B
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This property should get an excellent rating. I booked a 1200 sq foot room as per the website with a Nick Faldo golf vacation. When I got there, they had me in an 800 sq foot single room with a separate studio guest suite. When I asked them where my 2 bedroom was, they said the part of the property with the golf school defined a 2 bedroom as what I had, not what they hotel/Faldo website said. After tons of emails, 3 phone calls -- they finally refunded my money for the upgrade but I tell you it was like pulling teeth. Buyer beware. As far as the rest of the property, fantastic. Excellent tennis and golf instruction and the pools were wonderful. Not my usual type of vacation but a nice break.

Room Tip: Go figure. Call them to see what you are really getting!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ohdoggy
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Before I start! Have been coming here since 2007.
Come into suite (2545/46) & dried up food in room that was never cleaned up - in 2 different locations stuck unto the carpet.
Then no internet as promised. Called 5 times to "At your Service" & requested a Manager after the 2nd call. Mgr's. to busy, on the phone or away from their desk AND NO CALL BACK reeived. After the 6th call over 10 days got a mgr. Gabrielle who was close to her quitting time & said she would pass on the problems to anothe mgr Patrick just coming on duty. He had no idea.
Finally went to front desk & demanded to see a manager & I spoke with Michael Estrada & he did everything to make us comfortable, getting us another suite, ensuring someone there to help in the move & then following up with us EXCELLENT!!
It really is a shame because the amenities here ARE 5 Star. Time for some staff training especially their housekeeping.

Room Tip: Try for rooms farther from Monteray Ave.
2  Thank Jerrayatric1