I hate to look a gift horse in the month but I expected more. I thought this was a resort. I thought I was staying at a condo. I thought this would be a luxurious place. Sadly it was not. Think of it more of a large Fairfield Inn. Sure the grounds are nice but vast without any real aim. The club house was nice as was the fitness center. The pools were ok but not resort quality. The room was the biggest downfall. I had a studio. The bed was nice it dominated the room, but no desk. It did have a sofa but no coffee table. Over all the room was sparse at best.
I came to play golf but this course is very overpriced. There are much more reasonable courses in the area. I recommend them (see my other reviews). You can play them 2x for a the cost of a round here. This type of place maybe your cup of tea but it was not mine...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern California's magnificent mountain ranges serve as the breathtaking backdrop for Marriott's Shadow Ridge. Spacious villas overlook rolling fairways and sparkling lakes weaving throughout the landscape. Beautiful master suites feature a king bed and oversized soaking tub while the spacious living and dining areas, and fully kitchen offer convenience and comfort. Swing by the Faldo Golf Institute by Marriott and try your luck on the championship course. Then relax at Nick Faldo's Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Marriott so you can book your Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Shadow Ridge Hotel Palm Desert
- Marriotts Palm Desert
- Marriotts Hotel Shadow Ridge
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Marriott Shadow Ridge
- Marriotts Shadow Ridge