Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages
$469
JW Marriott
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Shadow Ridge II- The Enclaves(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
Marriott
Homewood
Residence Inn Palm Desert(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$239
Residence Inn
Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$370
$335
Agoda.com
$349
$297
  • Pool
The Inn at Deep Canyon(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$129
International Hotel & Suites(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$112
Travelocity
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
1,175 results
All reviewsshadow ridgegolf coursequiet pooltime shareactivity centerfull kitchennick faldomain poolbedroom villaenclaves poolthe grillpalm springssplash padvacation clubchuckwalla poolmovie theatervideo games
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I am an owner of a grand timber lodge timeshare and traded a week for one at shadow ridge Marriott. I am already planning on returning next year. My kids are 2 1/2 and 3 1/2. We stayed across from the main pool (great), the grounds were well maintained and flowering, the activity center and parks fun and all staff were very friendly. Shadow Ridge is located beautifully (one of the beauties of palm desert/springs is that everything is so close!) We took day treks to the Aerial Tram (great, but not cheap), The Children's Museum(superfun) and The Living Desert (I'd go again to all next year!) Well done Marriott.

Room Tip: Loved being close tone of the pools:)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bkurtz66
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Normally I would be hard put to have anything negative to say about this place. The units are well furbished, the grounds magnificent and the drink we had at the bar was very good.
Unfortunately we had one very negative experience which I found very upsetting. We walked into the unit we had been assigned; a studio which was the only thing availale when we booked. It was a little small but had a nice view and was close to the pool. I looked down at the bed and found it full of ants. They were all over the place including to receiver which I had to pick up in order to call the front desk.
The girl at the other end of the phone line aplolgised and said that she would send someone over with keys to a different unit. Under these circumstances most hotels try to recompense in some way usually by upgrading to a larger unit. This was my first experience with being downgraded due to a problem which was not of my own making. The unit we were transferred to was similar to the first one only without the view and without parking right in front. it was also further away from the pool which since I walk with a cane makes a difference in my life.
We were both too exhausted to complain again and just went to bed.
The next morning I went by the front desk to complain about being downgraded and was told by the girl on duty that probably nothing else was available and with that my problem was solved. I was left with the choice of either really kicking up a fuss and demanding to be moved or just forgetting it and complaining at a later date. I opted for the second simply because we didn't have the energy to move again. We decided to drop it for the time being, to ignore the view and to enjoy our holiday.
I really am disappointed however with the customer service we received at what should have been an excellent resort.

Room Tip: Try and stay away from units in the 4000 and up area. Thre area isn't finished as yet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vdl2ca
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Four of us gathered for a girlfriends get away to celebrate a milestone birthday (and it wasn't her 21st, think social security). We've done this several times over the past few years at several Marriott timeshares as one of the girls owns one. This one is just average. The interior seemed dated to me (except for the flat screen TV). The sofa in the living room had stains on it. I was disappointed that there wasn't housekeeping to change towels or sheets (it could have been every other day and would have been nice). Pool towels were in the room and could be exchanged at the pool daily. I didn't like that we had to take out our own garbage, hey, I'm on vacation! The air condition in the rooms was awful. You either froze or had to have it off and swelter (it was off season and 109-113 for several days) The toilet backed up once (they sent some one right up, but it happened again the next day). We cooked in two dinners and breakfast most morning and appreciated the kitchen supplies but could have used a larger fry pan as there was only one 10" fry pan). There were two pools across the street from out unit, a kids pool and an adult pool. On the hottest days the misters were on, however several of the misters (over the end chairs) seem more like rain than mist. The pool seems over heated to me at 85 degrees, the maintenance man told my friend "that's what our guest want" Not when it's 108 out, turn the heat down (off) as the sun heats the water! On our last night there was a HUGE cockroach in the lock off unit! My friend took a picture and took it to the registration desk to tell them. I realize we're in the desert, it was hot and these creatures come out, but we were shocked anyway. When my friend was at the office several other people we in complaining of similar things, including two girls who were looking to be moved for the third time on their check in date due to bed bugs!!!

Room Tip: I would not stay on the ground floor (there are elevators) or on end units near the bar-b-que area.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank napiligal
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Only one complaint arose during my 4 day stay ..... The pool ran out of towels several times. The condo was clean, well equipped and comfortable. Loved the adult only pools and proximity to attractions. Staff was friendly but was unable to give accurate nightlife recommendations.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My daughter wanted to go to Palm Springs for her 15th birthday and take a friend. Understandably they wanted some privacy. Gone are the days of piling four people (my wife and I along with the girls) into a hotel room and with a pull-out couch, but the girls were also too young to put into a room by themselves. The Marriott Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert was one of the few options that I could find in the area that provided the girls their privacy along with security of being in the same residence as us. We were able to book a two bedroom suite for the weekend at a reasonable price. Overall we enjoyed our stay, but be mindful that Shadow Ridge is designed as a time share property and come prepared with some groceries.
PROS: The units are two bedroom suits. Both bedrooms are quite large and the master has a jacuzzi tub. There is a large living room, fully stocked kitchen and washer/dryer in each unit. There are two doors to each unit and each bedroom can be locked from both the living room and bedroom sides. The units are two bedrooms, but one could actually sleep 8 people (2 in master suit, 2 in the side bedroom, 2 on a pull-out sofa in side bedroom and 2 on a pull-out in the living room). The property is gated and I felt comfortable allowing the girls wander the property on their own. There are five pools on property, a nice looking golf course and lots of activities to take advantage of throughout the day. The club house has a very good gym with nice Nautilus equipment. There's another gym on the far side of the property, but not nearly as nice. CONS: Pack food when you come to the property. The biggest drawback for us was that there was no where on site for us to eat dinner when we arrived at 7:00pm Friday night. There's a restaurant called Nick Faldo's in the club house that serves dinner in high-season, but not in the off-season. In regards to breakfast, pickings are slim as well, but there is a "market" on property where you can get coffee and a breakfast sandwich. The only other negative for us was that we had to watch where we stepped to avoid geese poop. It was all over the walk ways in the living area of the property and of course on the grass. On the positive end, the geese were not aggressive (as I've encountered in other parts of the country) and we could walk by them within 3-4 feet and not be disturbed. Overall all I would recommend this property. We discussed it on the drive home and would definitely come back to Shadow Ridge for another weekend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family