“Best sushi of my life”

The Venue Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Venue Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 280 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I have eaten sushi in many different places, but my meal at The Venue Sushi Bar was the best I have ever eaten. I was feeling adventurous and ordered the Omakase (in the chef's hands) and I a never regretted it for one bite. This option gives you an opportunity to sample many different things on the menu. Every course (seaweed salad, red snapper sashimi, spicy tuna tostadas, 4 different speciality rolls) was better than the last. The sushi was creative and provided a flavor explosion. I was so stuffed by the end of the meal, but it was so delicious you just didn't want it to end. The ambience was very intimate. The servers were friendly and very knowledgeable about the food. I think I would go back to Palm Springs just to eat here again.

1  Thank EmilyB569

Reviewed February 15, 2014

The food is really very good and the portions are generous. We each had a pail of delicious miso soup. The sashimi was exquisite. Tuna tataki got 4 thumbs up as did the seaweed salad, and the California Roll. But everyone's fave was the signature Venue Roll. No need for soy sauce on this, it comes with it's own yummy pair of sauces and just the right amount of kick. The staff was super friendly, attentive and helpful. Unfortunately, for us the music was way too loud and very techno. Luckily it was a warm evening and we sat outside as far away as possible in order to carry on a conversation. There are lovely Japanese hangings over the restroom doorways, but other than that, I feel the room was too slick. But thanks to the great food and service, I do recommend it

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I eat sushi all the time. I eat all over the country and in different settings this by far is the best sushi I have ever had. I am so excited every time I get a chance to come to california just becayse of the fact I get to eat this wonderful place. The spicy tuna roll is amazing and so is the signature roll " the venue" a must while in the desert!!!

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I love this place! I came with my sister and my mom on out girls night out and we all agreed this is our new hangout place! The ambiance was swell and the service and staff were great! Sushi was phenomenal! Very retro chic!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband loves Sushi but I do not. This restaurant was able to accommodate both of our taste. I had a chicken dish and calamari which was perfect, and my husband had a sashimi platter which he enjoyed.

The staff was excellent.