“Great food, hip (Japanese, not) vibe”

The Venue Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Venue Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 273 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Edmonton, Canada
“Great food, hip (Japanese, not) vibe”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The food is really very good and the portions are generous. We each had a pail of delicious miso soup. The sashimi was exquisite. Tuna tataki got 4 thumbs up as did the seaweed salad, and the California Roll. But everyone's fave was the signature Venue Roll. No need for soy sauce on this, it comes with it's own yummy pair of sauces and just the right amount of kick. The staff was super friendly, attentive and helpful. Unfortunately, for us the music was way too loud and very techno. Luckily it was a warm evening and we sat outside as far away as possible in order to carry on a conversation. There are lovely Japanese hangings over the restroom doorways, but other than that, I feel the room was too slick. But thanks to the great food and service, I do recommend it

• Visited February 2014

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Love this place....best sushi ever”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I eat sushi all the time. I eat all over the country and in different settings this by far is the best sushi I have ever had. I am so excited every time I get a chance to come to california just becayse of the fact I get to eat this wonderful place. The spicy tuna roll is amazing and so is the signature roll " the venue" a must while in the desert!!!

• Visited November 2013
“Best new hangout place!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I love this place! I came with my sister and my mom on out girls night out and we all agreed this is our new hangout place! The ambiance was swell and the service and staff were great! Sushi was phenomenal! Very retro chic!

Orlando
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband loves Sushi but I do not. This restaurant was able to accommodate both of our taste. I had a chicken dish and calamari which was perfect, and my husband had a sashimi platter which he enjoyed.

The staff was excellent.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank bairepaw
Los Angeles, California
“The Venue keeps getting better and better”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Venue is a really good spot and perfectly located on El Paseo in the heart of the Dez. The service is super and the owner/chef obviously takes great pride in not only the food quality, but the presentation and the overall style of the space.

The quality of the food is very fresh and the the rolls are quite imaginative. This is the first place I've seen strawberries included in some of the sushi dishes. Sounds odd, but very groovy.

This is a perfect place to take friends from out of town for way above average food and a little too much sake or to just chill on Sunday evening. It's also open rather late for Desert standards so that's a plus.

The outside patio is the best street level al Dante option on El Paseo

All in all, I'd like to go back right now.

TIP: Go for the Chef's recommendation option(s) and the Tataki salads are like you've never had before.

• Visited September 2013