“Nice bar staff friendly waiter but food just okay”
Review of Pizzeria Villagio

Pizzeria Villagio
Reserve with OpenTable
Pizzeria Villagio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #100 of 273 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: University Park
Transit: SunLine Transit Agency
Description: The idea of Villagio comes from a marriage between time and place; the old neighborhoods of New York City and the abundant plains of California. What California brings to the table figuratively and literally, is its abundance of fresh produce, fresh starts, and the opportunity to reinvent. And so it was with these two places and time in mind that we set out to build a restaurant that would meld the two. With pizza dough made from scratch, hand stretched and cooked in a traditional pizza oven, our proprietary pizza sauce and the freshest of ingredients, Villagio invites you to dig in and enjoy our food, our warmth, and our relaxing ambiance. A place where old world tradition, meets new world freshness.
Temecula, California
“Nice bar staff friendly waiter but food just okay”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Excellent bar staff very knowledgeable on wines. Beautiful place service with a smile but if it wasn't for the discount with our desert dining card I don't think I would go back

Princeton Junction, NJ
“Not your Average Italian”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

supposed to be NY style with CA flair -- whatever you call it, it worked! Had the vegetable lasagna, much lighter than I expected.

Visited February 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Not the best place in town”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The host staff was really nice, but the service at our table was terrible. Our food wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either. Very dry pasta. Salads and bread were good, pizza looked good. If I went back I would get salad. But there are better places in town.

• Visited February 2013
Beaumont, California
“Service is slower than a snail on crutches... food was blah.”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The service is horrible and WAAAY too slow… the food is blah (the pizza was tasty).
So my group of 8 and I had reservations and arrived right on time. They sat us at our reserved table and it was 15 minutes before anyone even showed up to give us the menu. We waited 15 more minutes to order our drinks. Finally, they brought out our drinks 20 minutes after ordering them. My boss then ordered a couple pizzas and requested them to be cut smaller as appetizers. They took almost an hour to bring those out (which were NOT cut as requested, but had pretty good flavor- or maybe it was because we were starving by then?) and it wasn’t until then that they finally took our order. We were very irritated by the slow speed, but even more irritated by the lack of attentiveness. They came to refill our drinks once during this whole time and they refilled most of our cups with regular iced tea (we had ordered PEACH iced tea and diet coke). When we asked for them to correct this, the server was rude and slammed our cups on the table. She looked at us like if we had two heads and rolled her eyes.They took another 45+ minutes to bring out our order. By then we had to rush to eat all our food. Because of the long wait, we anticipated that we were going to eat a delicious meal, but were very disappointed with what we ended up with. One member of our group had to leave before her food came out. It was absolutely ridiculous.
I am never going back there again unless I have hours to kill. The prices were high for pretty mediocre food. I’ve had better Spaghetti Carbonara from a frozen bag at Fresh & Easy supermarkets.

• Visited February 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Very yummy”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

A great take out pizza! We didn't feel like eating in the restaurant (which looked lovely), so we had a pizza to go. It is very yummy. Better to go order by phone "to go" because the delivery to my hotel was going to take an hour on a weekend night. My kids would have died in hunger by then...

Visited January 2013